At LAW OFFICE OF UZOMA OBI, LLC, we are a new kind of law firm for a changing world. We are consistent, patient and professional, giving each new case the attention it deserves.
In his role as the Principal Attorney, Uzoma draws on his diverse and broad experience to help clients across a number of practice areas with primary focus on personal injury, auto accidents, Workers Compensation, and business law.
Uzoma earned his Law Degree from the University of Maryland School of Law. He is also licensed as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and is also a member of the Maryland State Bar Association and admitted to practice law in Maryland by the Court of Appeals of Maryland.
- Business Law
- Personal Injury
- Workers' Compensation
- Free Consultation
Free consultations are limited to 15 minutes and are strictly by appointments only
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
Applicable only to personal injury cases (auto/motorcycle accidents, dog bites, slip and falls, etc)
- English: Spoken, Written
- Igbo: Spoken, Written
- Maryland State Bar
- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law
- J.D. (1998) | Law
- University of the District of Columbia
- B.B.A. (1994) | Accounting
- Nigerian American Personal Injury Lawyer of the Year
- Orlu Regional Association
- Award received from the Orlu Regional Association, Maryland Branch - a 501(c)(3) not for profit organization.
- Maryland State Bar
- - Current
- How To Avoid Routine Errors As an Auto Accident Victim, Orlu Regional Association, DC, Wyndham Garden Hotel, Bladensburg Maryland
- A speech on how to safeguard the value of your personal injury case immediately following an auto accident.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Accounting Aid Society
Delays in seeking treatment can cost you big money. Watch to find out how.What You Must Know About Uninsured Motorist Coverage in Maryland
If you were in an accident with an uninsured driver or involved in a hit and run, watch this video.The biggest mistake made by auto accident victims
Click the link to find out the biggest mistake made by auto accident victims
- Q. Who do I need to speak to about a terrible accident involving myself and a natural resource officer?
- A: You will definitely need to speak with an attorney. However, in the interim, you can obtain a copy of the police report which should be available by now and this will provide insight as to the assignment of fault. Based on your assertions, it appears you may have a case for personal injury, however, to be certain, you should consult with a personal injury attorney. They work on a contingent fee basis and usually offer free consultations for personal injury cases.
- Q. I was charged in a fight, but got injured myself - can I sue the other person?
- A: Whether you can sue depends on the facts of your case. Also, most lawyers will only take the case once they are assured that they will get paid if they win you a settlement or judgment. Therefore, your best advice is to consult with a seasoned personal injury attorney.
- Q. Do personal injury settlements include medical bills my insurance didn't cover?
- A: Personal injury settlements take into consideration all expenses that were incurred as a result of the accident including but not limited to your medical bills, lost wages, future medical needs, future lost earnings (where applicable), etc. Due to the complex nature of personal injury matters, you should consult with a personal injury (PI) attorney. PI attorneys work on a contingent fee basis and usually do not charge a fee for initial consultation.
- Q. Dissolving the partnership
- A: Since you do not have any operating agreement you are limited to applicable provisions of Maryland statute hence you may not be able to 'kick him out'. However, you may have claims for breach of fiduciary duty and misuse or misappropriation of funds. If you are able to prevail on any claims against him, it may suffice to make you and your other partner whole without having to 'kick him out'. In any event, complex legal matters such as this require you to consult with a competent attorney in business law for adequate and wholistic legal advice.