Free Consultation: (404) 418-7777Tap to Call This Lawyer
Terri Herron

Terri Herron

Terri Herron Law
  • Divorce, Family Law
  • Georgia
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

At Terri Herron Law, we strive to do more than just practice family law in Georgia. We'll invest ourselves in your case by intently listening to your story. We'll work hard to give you the legal voice you need to get through this challenging time in your life. Our goal is to become the law firm that your family can turn to repeatedly for personalized and effective representation.

For all your family law needs - Contact Terri Herron today for a free consultation! (404) 418-7777

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Free Consultation
    We give free consultation options and paid consultation options.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    We accept all major credit cards!
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    We offer paypal credit options!
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Terri Herron Law
Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law
J.D. (2007)
Placeholder image for education.
Preeminent 5.0 out of 5
Professional Associations
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
North Georgia Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Georgia Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
What happens during a child custody court hearing?
Thomson Reuters
Divorce and addressing financial issues
Thomson Reuters
Property division and divorce among older adults
Thomson Reuters
What happens to property in a Georgia divorce?
Thomson Reuters
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
5 Questions Answered

Q. Can you add a non-disparagement clause to a child case?
A: Yes. You can add to a parenting plan that neither parent disparages the other before or to the child. This is common language in a parenting plan, but without the language this should not be happening.
Q. I have sole custody of my five year old son. My mom and stepdad are threatening to kick me out and keep my son. Can they
A: You have sole custody and not them. Unless you’re not telling us something, based on your facts you would retain custody. I would recommend you finding a stable environment where you don’t have to be threatened to be kicked out everyday. If there are facts that you’re leaving out the answer could change.
Q. My husband has inform me that he has been texting a lawyer to get advice should I be doing the same thing?
A: You definitely should retain Counsel if you are wanting to file for a Divorce or if you believe your Husband will file for a Divorce. Once the Divorce word is presented in a marriage, that is a red flag to begin preparing, because despite what your spouse is stating to you, he may be preparing and you do not want to be caught off guard. There are several things that a Lawyer can advise in preparation long before a Divorce is filed.
Q. If my 3 children were born before I married their father, does the marriage legitimize him as the father?
A: If you married the Father subsequent to the children being born and the children are his biological children then yes. The children were legitimated by the subsequent marriage. If you are needing assistance modifying the visitation from the Divorce Decree, please don't hesitate to contact an Attorney.
Q. Our divorce says child support ends when child turns 18 or graduation high school My son is graduating high school soon
A: Once your child graduates high school or turns 18, whichever happens last, you can stop paying child support if there are no other children under the same child support order. Otherwise, you will need to file a modification if your Order did not account for the older child graduating (a step down in child support). However, if there are no other children under the order, many people run into the child support agency still retrieving payments or a poorly drafted Income Deduction Order with no end date and some find that they have to go an extra step to file to terminate the support obligation. Be sure to contact an Attorney to take care of this.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Terri Herron Law
Marietta, GA, USA
Telephone: (404) 418-7777
Cell: (404) 550-7369
Fax: (678) 264-2222
Terri Herron Law
Roswell, GA, USA
Telephone: (404) 418-7777
Cell: (404) 550-7369
Fax: (678) 264-2224
3348 Peachtree Road
Suite 700
Atlanta, GA 30326
Telephone: (404) 418-7777
Fax: (678) 264-2224