Free Consultation: (612) 231-9865Tap to Call This Lawyer
Profile Image Placeholder

Corwin Kruse

Kruse Family Law: Because Families Matter
  • Family Law, Divorce
  • Minnesota
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Corwin R. Kruse, Esq.


J.D., William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, magna cum laude
Editor: William Mitchell Law Review

M.A., Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania
Major: Sociology

B.S., University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
Honors: Dean's List
Major: Sociology

B.B.A., University of South Dakota, Vermillion, SD.

Honors: Dean's List

Major: Business Administration


Minnesota, 2004

U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 2005


Katz & Manka, Ltd., Family Law Attorney, 2010-2019

William Mitchell College of Law, Adjunct Professor, 2005-2016

Dorsey & Whitney LLP, Associate, 2005-2009

Minnesota Court of Appeals, Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Jill Flaskamp Halbrooks, 2004-2005


Practice Areas
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Minnesota Supreme Court
ID Number: 0334418
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Associations
State Bar of Minnesota  # 0334418
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Kruse Family Law, PLLC website
Kruse Family Law Blog
Legal Answers
47 Questions Answered
Q. In a custody case, will a judge ever deny one parents request for rights to claim the child on taxes every other year?
A: It sounds as if you were never married. Was there any adjudication of paternity? If not, he has no right to claim her. Going forward, the judge can award the exemption to you alone. Based on what you’ve said, that seems appropriate. If the decree doesn’t address taxes, IRS regs state that the exemption goes to whoever has the child most of the time. If equal, it goes to the parent earning the most.
Q. How do I go about getting a new court order for visitation for my custody case? 1st Party refusing to cooperate.
A: You bring a motion in court asking that the parenting time schedule be modified.
Q. In 2017 my ex convinced me to pay an extra $2,400/yr to cover 50% of our special needs son's summer camp.
A: You are not obligated to pay anything not ordered by the court. If the agreement was voluntary, you can stop the payments at any time. You may also suggest that she use the overpayment to cover camp going forward. I do family law, not criminal, so I cannot address that question.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Kruse Family Law
4401 Upton Ave. S.
Telephone: (612) 231-9865
Monday: 9 AM - 4 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 4 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 4 PM (Today)
Thursday: 9 AM - 4 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 4 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed