John AkwubaAkwuba & Associates, P.A.
- Immigration Law, Criminal Law, Insurance Claims ...
Attorney John Akwuba has been practicing immigration law in the St. Paul-Minneapolis area for over 25 years. He received his Juris Doctor degree from William Mitchell Law School and has dedicated his career to helping individuals and families navigate the often complex and confusing immigration system in the United States.
John has a passion for immigration law and has a reputation for being knowledgeable, compassionate, and dedicated to fighting for the rights of his clients. He has represented clients in a wide range of immigration matters, including family-based immigration, employment-based immigration, deportation defense, and asylum cases.
In addition to his work as an immigration lawyer, Attorney Akwuba is an active member of the local immigrant community, frequently volunteering his time and resources to assist those in need. He is fluent in English and a little Spanish and can help clients from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Attorney Akwuba is a member of the Minnesota State Bar Association - Immigration Section and the Ramsey County Bar Association. He is dedicated to staying up-to-date on the latest developments in immigration law and is committed to providing top-quality legal representation to all his clients.
- Immigration Law
- Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Insurance Claims
- Bad Faith Insurance, Business Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Property Insurance
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Expungement of Records
Consultations are typically conducted over the phone or through video conference. Consultations are limited to general information about the immigration process and do not constitute legal advice. Consultations do not create an attorney-client relationship. If you choose to retain our firm after the consultation, we will provide you with a representation agreement outlining the scope of our services and fees. Consultation fees, if any, will be discussed and agreed upon prior to the consultation. Please be prepared to provide some basic information about your immigration matter during the consultation. To schedule a consultation, please contact us via phone or email.
Our firm charges a third of any recovery made on behalf of the client. No fees are charged if no recoveries are made on behalf of clients.
- Minnesota Supreme Court
- 8th Circuit
- English: Spoken, Written
- Igbo: Spoken
- Nigerian Pidgin: Spoken
- Yoruba: Spoken
- Akwuba & Associates, P.A.
- - Current
- Judicial Clerk to the Honorable Harry Seymour Crump
- Hennepin County District Court
- Law Clerk
- Minneapolis City Attorneys Office
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law
- J.D. | Law
- Certificate of Appreciation
- Minneapolis City Attorney's Office
- Certificate of appreciation in grateful recognition of my dedicated service.
- Minnesota State Bar Association Immigration Law section
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association