Having enjoyed a varied career for State, County and City government, and having specialized in civil rights and employment matters throughout, I have joined with Mike Claessens and Bob Cramer, colleagues of 20+years, in a common purpose and dedication: License Advocates Law Group LLP is we three, representing California professional and occupational license applicants and licensees in administrative proceedings to obtain, defend from discipline or revocation, and reinstate licenses in 800+ career fields. We are having the time of our professional lives.
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Gov & Administrative Law
- Administrative Law, Election Law, Government Contracts, Government Finance, Legislative & Government Affairs
- Free Consultation
Credit Cards Accepted
Visa, Mastercard, PayPal
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
We practice Value Pricing(set fee determined at time of retention) in most matters. Hourly charges where necessary.
- 9th Circuit
- License Advocates Law Group LLP
- - Current
- Partner, License Advocates Law Group, Pasadena, CA, a specialized law firm with a unique mission. We represent California licensees and license applicants in appealing denials of the license and defending against revocation, suspension and restrictions imposed by State licensing agencies. Clients are nurses, teachers,real estate and insurance professionals, contractors and building trades, peace officers and firefighters, and others earning their livelihoods in the 800+ occupations for which a license, credential or certification is required.
- Administrative Law Judge
- State of California, Office of Administrative Hearings
- Presided at evidentiary hearings pertaining to California State professional and occupational licensees and license applicants. Decided cases of license denial, revocation, suspension, restrictions and reinstatement in many of California's 800 occupational license categories. Special depth of experience in nurses, real estate salespersons and brokers, insurance producers and brokers, general contractors and building trades, K-12 teachers, auto repair facilities, peace officers and firefighters.
- Assistant City Attorney; Special Litigation, Employee Relations; General Counsel to Los Angeles Fire Department
- Los Angeles City Attorneys Office
- Litigation and legal advice for officials and managers of City of Los Angeles. Lead counsel in complex construction law, waste management, civil rights and contracts. Advice and representation re personnel and management practices, internal investigations, and misconduct hearings for City Counsel, City Attorneys Office, Board of Public Works, Commission on Women, and L. A. Fire Dept.
- Special Assistant District Attorney
- Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office
- Advised District Attorney re management practices, labor relations and personnel matters.
- Deputy City Attorney
- Los Angeles City Attorney's Office
- Prosecuted criminal cases in Los Angeles courts before judges and juries. Union advocate: represented attorney bargaining unit members in misconduct hearings, grievance hearings, unfair employee relations practice charges, collective bargaining, and personnel investigations.
- Univ of California
- Undergraduate Degree
- USC Law School
- Law Degree
- California State Bar  # 62365
- - Current
- License Advocates Law Group
- Can the Result of An Administrative Hearing Ever be Reviewed or Changed?
30 March 2011
- License Denial or Discipline? No. 5 of the Top Ten Essential Tasks to Do Now: Prepare Your Rehabilitation Evidence
7 March 2011
- License Denial or Discipline? No. 4 of the Top Ten Essential Tasks to Do Now: Prepare Your Character Evidence
23 January 2011