Patent application and prosecution, trademark application, patent licensing, corporation formation, copyright registration, NDA, Infringement defense, and Estate Planning. I was graduated from Rutgers School of Law with the award of American Bar Association/BNA Excellence Award in Intellectual Property. My practice is to safeguard your intellectual property rights. I have assisted many startups and solo inventors to prepare patent and trademark applications. Moreover, some of the clients have obtained licensing opportunity since then.
- Intellectual Property
- Business Law
30 Minutes of Free Consultation
Registration of trademark and copyright may base on the successful registration of the mark or copyrighted material.
- New Jersey
- New York
- USPTO-Patent Agent
- 3rd Circuit
- English: Spoken, Written
- Mandarin: Spoken, Written
- Managing Attorney
- Changi Wu Law Office
- Rutgers School of Law-Newark
- J.D. | Intellectual Property
- Honors: ABA-BNA Excellence in Intellectual Property David Haber Scholarship
- Activities: Senior Editor, Rutgers Computer and Technology Law Journal Clinical Law Student, Rutgers Intellectual Property Law Clinic
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
- M.S. | Environmental Engineering
- Excellence – Intellectual Property Law
- American Bar Association
- Q. hello it says my trademark is suspended may i ask why & what causes that & what may i do ?
- A: A suspension letter suspends the action on an application. An application may be suspended for a variety of reasons. These include waiting for the disposition of a cited prior pending application to be determined or waiting for an assignment of ownership to be recorded. Applicants do not have to respond to suspension letters; however, suspension inquiry letters do require a response.However, if the application has been suspended for six months or more, the examining attorney will issue an Office action inquiring as to the status of the matter on which suspension was based. For example, if action is suspended pending the receipt of a copy of a foreign registration or proof of renewal of a foreign registration, the examining attorney will inquire every six months during the suspension period as to the status of the foreign application or registration. Similarly, for applications that are suspended pending the outcome of a civil action, the examining attorney will inquire every six months as to the status of the proceeding. If the foreign application or the civil action is still pending, a statement by the applicant to this effect is a proper response. If the applicant does not respond to the suspension inquiry, the application will be abandoned for failure to respond. You should contact a trademark attorney to assist you in resolving the issue. Many attorneys here offer free initial consultation. You should contact one of them and show him/her the suspension letter and see if response is needed.
- Q. Hi I am planning to expand a business from Sweden to US and I am wondering if I need to register my trademark(s)?
- A: You definitely need to register your trademark in US in order to protect your logo and business in the US market. You also had better to conduct a trademark search to check if your mark has been used by others in the US. Therefore, you should hire an US attorney to assist you. Many attorneys here offer free consultation. You should contact one of them.
- Q. We need your advice with a infringing trademark claim.
- A: Only a litigation can resolve it definitely. No attorney can guaranty that the Loveyogabum owner will not sue you. Having said that, you should initiate the litigation by bring a declaratory judgement, in which you claim your noninfringement and let the court decide. By bring the lawsuit by yourself, you will have more control over where to file the suit, such as the state or the court more convenient to your appearance in the court. Your attorney may be able to access how much merit you have. Contact an trademark attorney permitted to practice the law in your state and seek his/her assistance.