Free Consultation: (410) 216-7000Tap to Call This Lawyer
Cedulie Renee Laumann

Cedulie Renee Laumann

Arden Law Firm, LLC
  • Business Law, Employment Law, Estate Planning ...
  • Maryland
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Attorney Cedulie Laumann is the managing attorney of small law firm in Anne Arundel County, Maryland. The firm accepts clients in real estate, small business, guardianship and civil litigation matters.

She enjoys helping clients reach positive solutions to their legal needs. Whether a client needs a simple deed transfer or representation in a "high stakes" lawsuit, quality representation should keep the client's unique needs in mind. Her firm employs innovative "flat fee" billing arrangements and fee options outside the traditional hourly based approach.

"Legal Answers & Representation Relevant to YOUR needs!"

Practice Areas
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    Employment Law
    Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Additional Practice Area
  • General Civil
  • Free Consultation
    10 minute no-cost phone consult. Call 410-216-7000 $180 consult fee for most matters (w/out document review) up to 1.5 hrs $200 consult fee w/ document review up to 1.5 hours 50%-100% of the consult fee credited to client's account if the firm is retained for full service within 30 days of consult.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Mastercard, Visa, Discover, American Express
  • Contingent Fees
    Attorneys fees may be handled on a contingency basis (client does not pay unless there is recovery) in certain cases, including injury, certain types of real estate matters and judgment collections.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    10 min no cost initial consult by phone. Flat fee consultations for up to 1.5 hour attorney meeting. Option of flat fee billing many types of cases, including Estate Planning (Trusts, Wills, etc.), Business Formation (LLCs, etc.) and Real Estate (tax sale foreclosure litigation, deeds, contracts, etc.) Representative 2017 flat fees: $240 for most deeds, $250 for PR/estate/corporate deeds $80 for powers of attorney $750 for single member LLC formation package, $505 for estate planning package (individual), $1,250 for revocable trust package. While all the firm's clients are given clear understanding of fees up-front, this list is not a promise to represent, some situations may require additional work and no attorney/client relationship is formed unless we meet and both agree.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
managing attorney
Arden Law Firm, LLC
Adjunct Faculty
St. Joseph's University
University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law
Honors: Order of the Coif Top 10% of Graduating Class
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Maryland State Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
569 Questions Answered
Q. What is the best way for four families to build one shared residence?
A: The answer depends in part on whether you need funding (mortgage) or not. Funding as an entity will be different than getting funds as an individual (or couple) for a primary residence. Additionally, an LLC is not a natural person so property held by an LLC will not be anyone's principal residence or get a homestead tax credit. Joint owners can certainly pool together and describe how they will jointly own. If property is owned through an LLC the Operating Agreement should spell out the details for such things as how people put money in to pay for necessary repairs, what happens if someone does not have the funds to pay their "fair share" and what happens if someone wants to move or dies. While not a typical Western/American concept to have multiple related families living together, there can be numerous benefits so long as the potential negatives are understood and anticipated. I appreciate that the post wants to make sure the legalities are mapped out, it seems that it would be a good idea to sit down with an attorney before getting too far into the purchase.
Q. "A Personal Representative has an obligation to appraise everything in the probate estate." This was in response to a
A: To get specific legal advice on a particular estate you may want to reach out to an estate attorney for a consultation. To answer the general question "Does [a] PR need permission from the court to settle?" Usually no, under most circumstances a Personal Representative in Maryland does not need to get permission from the court before selling a house. To answer the general question "In [an] inventory report, under "real property", the value of the house is listed for taxation purposes (SDAT) instead of the market value or the appraised value. Why is this?" Maryland law allows a Personal Representative to use the assessed value as the starting value for any real estate. It usually costs the estate (and correspondingly the heirs) less money to just use the assessed value. The inventory value doesn't dictate what a particular property will actually sell for - real estate can (and often does) sell for higher or lower than assessed value. The Personal Representative will need to distribute the actual sale proceeds in accordance with the law and the Decedent's will (or the laws of intestate succession), regardless of the starting value. While not legal advice I hope that this general information about estates addresses the general questions.
Q. I can access my mother's public estate information on the Maryland website presently going through probate. I noticed a
A: Most all documents filed in an estate are a matter of public record. The court may, in rare situations, seal documents which are not open to the public. If you have questions about a specific filed document not showing up in the docket it would probably be best to direct the question to the clerks at that particular Register of Wills. If the document was very recently filed online access may be delayed a few days due to normal clerk processing times. While not legal advice I hope that it helps.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
1028 Generals Hwy
Crownsville, MD 21032
Telephone: (410) 216-7000
Telephone: (410) 216-7000