Carolyn (formerly McAlister) Geary
- Divorce, DUI & DWI, Personal Injury ...
- Alabama, Mississippi
McAlister Law Firm, LLC is proud to operate under the leadership of Carolyn McAlister, Esq. Carolyn is a skilled lawyer that takes a different approach to her clients. She wants to understand the unique needs of each client before helping them understand their options and make informed decisions regarding the process of their case.
Carolyn offers support legally and personally, and her experience qualifies her for everything from high-stakes divorce cases to a complicated family estate plan.
With over 22 years of experience, Carolyn is equipped for the job. She has worked for two years behind the scenes as a staff attorney for several judges. This means she knows how the process works from all sides. With several years of experience as an insurance defense attorney, she knows how insurance companies work during personal injury cases.
Carolyn opened her first practice in Florence, AL, but she moved a few years later to become the regional manager for Mississippi Center Legal Service. In this position, she worked primarily with family law, and she gained ample legal experience.
Since leaving the big law firms, Carolyn has worked as a general litigation attorney. In this capacity, she has experience with family law, criminal defense, wills and estate planning, and appellate law. She now heads McAlister Law Firm, LLC in Gulfport, MS. In 2019, she was honored with a Top 10 Attorney Award in Mississippi by National Family Law Attorneys, Inc.
Outside of work, Carolyn lives in Gulfport, MS with her husband, Mikey Davis, and her son, James. She attends Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Church in Biloxi, MS, where she teaches first grade catechism every Sunday morning.
J.D. from University of Mississippi (2000)
M.A. from Mississippi State University (1997)
B.A. from University of Northern Alabama (1995)
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- DUI & DWI
- Personal Injury
- Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Social Security Disability
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Formation, Business Litigation
- Elder Law
- Insurance Claims
- Bad Faith Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance
- Traffic Tickets
- Suspended License
- Alabama State Bar Association
- The Mississippi Bar
- Mississippi State Bar
- Alabama State Bar