Free Consultation: (502) 589-0816Tap to Call This Lawyer
Anna Aleksander

Anna Aleksander

Aleksander Law Office, PLLC
  • Criminal Law, Family Law, Personal Injury...
  • Kentucky, New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Legal practice areas include car accidents, premises liability, and negligence. Let Anna Aleksander use her knowledge and years of experience to help you with your injury claim. Admitted to practice in all Kentucky state courts and in Federal Court for the Western District of Kentucky. Practicing in Kentucky since 2008. Aggressive representation. All cases are handled personally.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Family Law
  • Personal Injury
  • DUI & DWI
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Divorce
  • Domestic Violence
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Aleksander Law Office, PLLC
University of Louisville
J.D. (2005) | Law
Honors: Top 1/3rd Cum Laude graduate Book Awards: Legal Research, Health Law
University of Louisville Logo
Professional Associations
Kentucky Bar Association # 92265
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
38 Questions Answered

Q. In Kentucky, if you mom dies 2 days before your divorce is final, does your ex get part of your inheritance?
A: Kentucky case on point Rhodes v. Pederson states that death, not the divorce prior to the decree terminates the marriage. Divorce proceedings are abated, however there may or may not be exceptions such as if the decree was granted verbally, signed but not entered etc etc... Consult with a lawyer as this is answer here is not intended as legal advice.
Q. My wife was in an auto accident the person at fault provided police with false documentation and was uninsured
A: Check your policy for uninsured motorist coverage. You should also be persistent in contacting the police to catch the driver at fault. This person can be prosecuted for providing false information, and may be required to pay restitution. The vehicle Vin can disclose ownership of the vehicle. Contact a lawyer to discuss your options.
Q. i need to get an uncontested divorce what is the cheapest way to do that in kentucky
A: Cheapest way is to get the self-help packet from the clerk's office of the family court. I believe that the self-help packet costs $10.00, fill it out and file. However, if problems arise during the process, or if one of parties decides to contest or refuses to co-operate, you may then need to get help from an attorney. Likewise you may end up needing help if you have legal questions that need to be answered in the process.
Q. What can I do if my spouse won’t sign the uncontested papers, so I can file them?
A: You can file for divorce and she will have 20 days to file an answer. You may want to consult with legal counsel. If she refuses to co-operate you can still get divorced. You will have to properly serve her with the petition and a summons.
Q. My mom and I were on our way to work and she got pulled over for speeding and driving with a suspended license.
A: If she was arrested in the morning, her bond should be reviewed by the judge the same day "usually." She will have arraignment in the next 24 hours if she is not bonded out sooner. Typically if arrested in the morning, her arraignment is at 9:00 a.m. the next day. This information should not be relied upon as legal advice and is general in nature.
Q. How much could i possible get if I can no longer walk stand stoop crawl etc.only sit down work for knee injury. Replace
A: You should consult with a lawyer. Your question is vague. What type of an injury was this, who is the negligent party that caused the injury, and what are the limits of liability policy you are thinking about recovering from?
Q. So I was driving on adams rd. In corbin ky heading home . On my road on the way up theres a couple hotel entrance im
A: Not automatically. If you were driving without a license it is Prima Facie evidence of negligence, however you may have had a right of way and he had a duty to yield before making a turn so if injured you may still be able to recover, if able to rebut the presumption of negligence on your part. Consult with an attorney.
Q. I dont have a licenese and was driving and a car pulled out in front of me I was on a one way and going staright
A: 186.640 Driving without operator's license is evidence of negligence in accident. Any driver involved in any accident resulting in any damage whatever to person or to property who is ineligible to procure an operator's license, or being eligible therefor has failed to procure a license, or whose license has been canceled, suspended or revoked prior to the time of the accident, shall be deemed prima facie negligent in causing or contributing to cause the accident. Consult with a lawyer you may still be able to recover for your injuries.
Q. Are there any advantages in filing for divorce first? I suspect my husband has retained an attorney.
A: Not really. Shouldn't matter in the ultimate outcome.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Aleksander Law Office, PLLC
436 South 7th St 202
Louisville, KY 40203
Telephone: (502) 589-0816