Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
While I concentrate in criminal defense and workers' compensation, I have represented a fair number of clients on civil cases and have formed a respectable number of business entities.
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Workers' Compensation
I give 30 minutes free for a consult. Anything after that requires a fee agreement in writing.
Contingent-fee representation available for workers' compensation and employment discrimination matters only.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- English: Spoken, Written
- University of Maine - School of Law
- Maine State Bar  # 005343
- Maine State Bar Association
- Maine Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Penobscot County Bar Association
Websites & Blogs
5 Questions Answered
- Q. Need pro bono lawyer to represent us in Lincoln, Maine for return of stolen property to get our camp & lease back
- A: That issue is out of my usual areas of practice. It also sounds like something that would require extensive research and litigation. I don’t think I can take on a case like that pro bono.
- Q. Are there any instances where the police wouldn't need a warrant to search a house?
- A: That's a complicated question, and the answer often depends on application of various constitutional doctrines. Usually a warrant is required, but exceptions abound.
- Q. If I suspect animal abuse or neglect on a neighbors property how much trouble could I get in for trespassing for proof?
- A: This sounds hypothetically as if it would constitute trespass, a misdemeanor-level offense. However, I'm not certain that under these circumstances you would be charged. Another concern would be a property owner who thinks a trespasser is there to cause harm and accordingly shooting said trespasser.
Contact & Map