Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
While I concentrate in criminal defense and workers' compensation, I have represented a fair number of clients on civil cases and have formed a respectable number of business entities.
- Criminal Law
- Workers' Compensation
- Free Consultation
I give 30 minutes free for a consult. Anything after that requires a fee agreement in writing.
- Contingent Fees
Contingent-fee representation available for workers' compensation and employment discrimination matters only.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- English: Spoken, Written
- University of Maine - School of Law
- Maine State Bar # 005343
- Maine State Bar Association
- Maine Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Penobscot County Bar Association
Websites & Blogs
5 Questions Answered
- Q. Need pro bono lawyer to represent us in Lincoln, Maine for return of stolen property to get our camp & lease back
- A: That issue is out of my usual areas of practice. It also sounds like something that would require extensive research and litigation. I don’t think I can take on a case like that pro bono.
- Q. Are there any instances where the police wouldn't need a warrant to search a house?
- A: That's a complicated question, and the answer often depends on application of various constitutional doctrines. Usually a warrant is required, but exceptions abound.
- Q. If I suspect animal abuse or neglect on a neighbors property how much trouble could I get in for trespassing for proof?
- A: This sounds hypothetically as if it would constitute trespass, a misdemeanor-level offense. However, I'm not certain that under these circumstances you would be charged. Another concern would be a property owner who thinks a trespasser is there to cause harm and accordingly shooting said trespasser.
- Q. Hi i got 2 seperate charges for theft i got a court date july 17th in ellsworth maine am i looking at just a fine
- A: There is no way for us to know what the prosecution will be seeking in your case, but in my experience defendants with little or no criminal history who face misdemeanor-level theft charges are generally offered a fine and restitution if they plead guilty.
- Q. My daughter has 5 class c felonies and a violation of an 18 month divered disposition agreement how much time ?
- A: If she has an attorney, she needs to consult with him or her. But generally when someone violates a deferred disposition agreement the "bad outcome" described in the agreement results.
Contact & Map