Mr. Bishop is a Board Certified Family Law Specialist by the State Bar of Arizona (i.e. one of only approximately 60 specialists in all of Arizona). Bishop Law Office has obtained an AV Peer Review Rating, the highest rating possible by Martindale-Hubbell, and is listed in the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Registrar of Preeminent Lawyers. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (one of only 30 attorneys in all of Arizona) and has also been selected as one of Arizona’s Finest Lawyers. Such selection is a peer-reviewed nomination based upon “a demonstrated record of high achievement, excellent legal skills, and a well-earned reputation for integrity”. Mr. Bishop was selected as one of the Best Lawyers in America for Family Law in 2018, and has been listed as a Southwest Super Lawyer for the last several years.
Mr. Bishop has extensive trial and mediation experience in all areas of family law, including high conflict divorce, child support, custody (legal decision making), parenting time issues, child support, spousal maintenance, interstate jurisdiction issues (UCCJEA and UIFSA), and complex property and financial issues. Mr. Bishop has prepared numerous pre and post marital agreements, and provides excellent tips at the firm’s website.
Mr. Bishop spent his first years in legal practice handling complex commercial litigation cases. Such experience provided him with the background and knowledge in complex financial issues that many other family law attorneys do not possess. Mr. Bishop has an undergraduate degree in psychology and does not shy away from contested custody/parenting cases.
Mr. Bishop served as the chairperson of the State Bar of Arizona Family Law Section this last year, and was previously the chairperson of the Maricopa County Family Law Section. Mr. Bishop provides ongoing education classes to many other attorneys yearly regarding the various aspects of complex divorce and family law issues.
- Family Law
- Domestic Violence
- Credit Cards Accepted
- English: Spoken, Written
- Lawyer / Managing Partner
- Bishop Law Office, P.C.
- Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, Arizona State University
- J.D. (1990)
- Honors: Order of Barristers
- State Bar of Arizona - Family Law Section
- Former Chair - Maricopa County Family Law Section
- Association of Family & Conciliation Courts
- Arizona Association of Family Law Attorneys
- Certified Family Law Specialist
- State Bar of Arizona
- Arizona Divorce Overview for 2019
6 July 2019
- Parental Relocation / Move Away Requests in Arizona
14 November 2018
- New Tax Law Effects Spousal Maintenance & Alimony in 2019
1 November 2018
- The Correlation Between Technology and Divorce [Infographic]
11 October 2017
- Child Custody Decision-Making Advice
6 July 2017
- 100 Cities That Spent The Most Money On Ashley Madison
17 September 2015
- Checking for Cheaters: Who is Searching the Ashley Madison List?
28 August 2015
- Do You Need a Social Media Prenuptial Agreement?
18 July 2014
- Remarriage and Spousal Support: Sorting Out the Details
18 July 2014