Free Consultation: (714) 321-9999Tap to Call This Lawyer
Wais Azami

Wais Azami

Law Offices of Wais Azami
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Domestic Violence...
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

As an attorney, I offer strong yet affordable representation to the people of Orange County, Inland Empire and the surrounding areas with criminal defense. Most of my clients have immigration issues when they are arrested and it takes a special attorney who understands the consequences of criminal charges for immigrants.

I'm a product of our community. I'm an immigrant. I was poor as a child. I had to start working at age 14 so I could help my family. I've had friends who made mistakes and I saw how the authorities violated their rights because they knew they could get away with it. I've seen war and medical procedures. I've had all kinds of battles in life. Yet I've never given up on myself nor others. As a kid, I vowed to become a champion of my community. I dreamt of becoming an attorney and coming back to help as many people as possible. Now I do exactly that, daily.

As a passionate and persuasive speaker, I can aggressively advocate for you. I attended law school specifically to become a defense attorney. I strongly believe that every person is innocent until proven otherwise. Even if someone is not innocent, it does not mean the police or government can violate their Constitutional rights. Two wrongs do not make a right. This is what makes us Americans--we have rights! It's my duty to insure that never changes.

In my opinion, a defender of Constitutional rights stays true to the cause by never having changed "sides." Experience is experience, regardless of how you obtain it. However, how will loyalty be proven?

You owe it to yourself and your family to hire the most understanding and aggressive attorney.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Domestic Violence
  • White Collar Crime
  • Free Consultation
    My consultations are free if I am hired to handle your case. Otherwise, there is a $100 consultation fee.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Free Parking Validation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Farsi: Spoken
  • Spanish: Spoken
Professional Experience
Law Offices of Wais Azami
California State University - Fullerton
Placeholder image for education.
California Southern University School of Law
Placeholder image for education.
New Attorney Academy
Riverside County Bar Association
Certificate of Membership
California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
Professional Associations
State Bar of California # 312092
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Public Service Law Corporation of Riverside County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Orange County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Membership, page 19
Riverside Lawyer Magazine
Speaking Engagements
The Law School Experience, Riverside County Law Library
Riverside County Bar Association Public Service Law Corp.
I spoke to potential law students about the rigors of law school and how to prepare for a successful journey.
Law School Experience, Riverside County Bar Association
Certificate of Membership/ Commitment to Fair Admn. of Justice
California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
77 Questions Answered

Q. I sold a pack of Swisher Sweets to a minor. Police told me it won't go on my record. What should I do.
A: Call a local attorney or ask the judge to appoint you a public defender if you qualify financially. They'll give you a form to complete in order to find out if you qualify for free defense. But whatever else you do, do not give anymore facts regarding your case on an open forum such as this where officers can read your potential "admission."
Q. Can I get arrested for being drunk, although not being disruptive in any way, at the passport control?
A: Too many questions at once and I'll have even more questions in order to answer it properly. Can't do it here. This site is not safe and can be read by police. Call my office instead.
Q. During a no contact order can the victim talk about the defendant with other people ?
A: It depends on the terms of the no-contact order. Generally, the order is not to contact --says nothing about communication with other people. It usually prohibits communication with the restrained person. However, have an attorney look into the terms for you.
Q. never been arrested
A: You don't necessarily have to be "booked" to be charged. If there was a police report which made it to the district attorney's office without an arrest, the district attorney may decide to file charges. They usually will send you notice to appear in court the answer for the charge(s). If you don't appear, the judge may issue a warrant for your arrest. Call a local criminal defense attorney and don't explain yourself here anymore.
Q. Regretfully a friend is in trouble and I am helping him for petty theft.
A: Per your request, I have called and left you a message already. Please don’t give out more facts about the case as it’ll be considered an admission potentially. Call my office at (714) 321-9999.
Q. Can u go to jail for 459.5 (A) Shoplifting 2 counts
A: Yes, you can. The chances are not too high but anything is possible. Call a local attorney for a free consult. I'm always available. Which county?
Q. i was pulled over for a traffic stop and the police obtained a search warrent to search my vehicle with no prob. cause
A: Do you know what probable cause is and its standard? It's best to consult with an attorney.
Q. I was arrested on being under the influence and possession of paraphernalia during a probation search for my Roomate.
A: I agree with Dale Gribow. You need to write everything down like a journal that when read, can be seen like a movie. Lots of descriptions. Simultaneously, hire a local criminal defense attorney. You have no time to waste.
Q. I was arrested for DV in the past, now I'm trying to get my nursing license. I don't know whether to report or not.
A: Be honest but also only answer what is being asked. Some people tend to assume what is being asked and answer more than needed. For example, don't ever confuse the terms, arrest, charge, conviction. They are very different things. When in doubt, seek advice from an employment law attorney for a consult--even if it's not free, it's worth it!
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Law Office of Wais Azami
1851 E First St
Suite 901
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Telephone: (714) 321-9999