I am committed to defending the constitutional rights of my clients. My practice is limited to criminal defense and I have always been on the side of the individual. I believe in our system. It is the best in the world and affords individuals rights they cannot obtain anywhere else on the globe.
My goal is simple: to obtain the best possible outcome for my clients. I have developed many relationships within the court system over the last 26 years and frequently put them to use on my client's behalf.
I believe that I can personalize my client's situation so that the court and opposing counsel can see the human side of our story, not just a dry and one-sided police report that contains many unsupported conclusions based upon limited facts.
- Criminal Law
- Domestic Violence
- DUI & DWI
- Juvenile Law
- White Collar Crime
- Drug Offenses
- Drunk Driving/Traffic Matters
- Homicide Defense
- Major Narcotics Offenses
- Probation Violations
- Sex Offenses
- Three Strikes - Serious Felonies
- Violations of Restraining Orders
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
I base my fees on the client's problem, my years of experience and the client's financial circumstances.
- 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- William Weinberg
- - Current
- Western State University College of Law
- Chapman College
- B.A. | English Literature
- Client's Choice Award
- California State Bar # 164081
- Orange County Criminal Defense Bar Association
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- California DUI Lawyers Association
- California Bar Foundation
- California Public Defenders Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Strategies For Defending Gang Crimes
- Multi-Topic Articles on Criminal Defense
- California Criminal Defense Lawyer Blog
- Consider This, Family Planning Conference, Irvine, CA
- Constitutional Law, Consider This
- California DUI Association
- William M. Weinberg's Website Profile
- William Weinberg Website
- William Weinberg DUI Website
- William M. Weinberg's DUI Website Profile
- California Criminal Defense Lawyer Blog
- CRIMINAL COMPLAINTS IN CALIFORNIA
4 October 2019
- WHAT INFORMATION IS REVEALED IN A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK?
3 September 2019
- STAND YOUR GOUND LAW IN CALIFORNIA
5 August 2019
- U.S. Incarceration Policies
9 July 2019
- EVERY ACCUSED PERSON IS ENTITLED TO A ZEALOUS DEFENSE
23 May 2019
- California The End of Bail
12 April 2019
- CAN BULLYING LEAD TO AN INVOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER CHARGE?
22 March 2019
- U.S. SUPREME COURT RULES CIVIL ASSET FORFEITURE A VIOLATION OF THE EIGHTH AMENDMENT
19 March 2019
- THE OPIOID ADDICTION CRISIS RAGES ON
4 February 2019
- Orange County DUI Lawyer Blog
- DRIVER WHO WAS DRINKING MAKES THE WISE CHOICE TO TAKE A RIDESHARE IS KILLED BY A DRUNK DRIVER.
16 October 2019
- A DUI THAT RESULTS IN THE DEATH OF ANOTHER CAN BE CHARGED AS MURDER
26 September 2019
- DUI AND THE HABITUAL TRAFFIC OFFENDER DESIGNATION
16 August 2019
- SURVEY RESPONDENTS BELIEVE HIGH DRIVERS ARE LESS DANGEROUS THAN SLEEPY DRIVERS
15 July 2019
- CAN A LOW CARB DIET CAUSE AN INACCURATE BREATHALYZER RESULT?
20 June 2019
- WOULD LOWERING THE BAC IN CALIFORNIA TO 0.05% SAVE MORE LIVES?
23 May 2019
- California DUI Admin Per Se Hearing
9 May 2019
- CAN I BE ARRESTED FOR DUI EVEN IF THE ARRESTING OFFICER DID NOT OBSERVE ME DRIVING?
29 March 2019
- BEFORE YOU GO OUT ON THE TOWN, FIRST FIGURE OUT HOW YOU ARE GOING TO GET HOME
5 March 2019
- Q. Can a person be charge for an assault if there is a video of the assault but the victim (not domestic) does not press
- A: It’s possible that the DA would proceed without the witness and just rely on the video as evidence of identity and the assault itself. I would highly recommend hiring an attorney and attempt to interview the alleged victim. Remember not to post any personal information on this website. It is public.
- Q. I unknowly bought a stolen car I received a written bill of sale from saler Also driving on a suspend LIC And prior
- A: If you have been charged, then hire an experienced attorney and show them the bill of sale and if your license is suspended then go to the DMV and get it cleared up. Many judges will dismiss with a fine if they're shown a valid license.
- Q. Could I be charged if I take responsibility for someone else who's being charged for possession with intent to sell
- A: Theoretically yes, though highly unlikely based upon the limited facts you've posted here. The DA will likely see this as a ploy to help someone else out, rather than taking actual responsibility.
- Q. I was late to my surrender date was put back on calendar immediately will I get more time? Should I go to the police?
- A: I doubt you'll get any more time. Contact the lawyer who represented you and appear with her/him.
- Q. I'm facing a possession of meth for sale charge. Was detained in January charged in July, arrested in October.
- A: You very much need an experienced lawyer to handle this and you shouldn't write any details on a public website. If the drugs and scales weren't in your room then your case should be dismissed.
- Q. I was caught shoplifting twice 5 years ago I believe I have a warrant of my arrest in contra costa county.
- A: A qualified attorney can get the warrant out of the system immediately. If it's merely a petty theft, you likely won't need any bail. Get it cleared up with either a private attorney or a public defender and see what you can do to get the charges dismissed.
- Q. DA left jurors with witness that left instant negative afterthoughts towards the defendant . Tainted their thoughts
- A: If the witness gave unfavorable testimony toward the defendant, then of course it will leave negative thoughts in the minds of the jury. If the jury was sleeping and the defendant's attorney didn't notify the court, there is little that can be done if the case is over and the behavior wasn't documented during trial.
- Q. Okay I'm a resident of California my question is can I have a drug that was found in my car tested again a independe lab
- A: You can ask for an independent analysis of the substance to see if it is what it's alleged to be. Labs charge around $150 or more for such a service. If you don't have an attorney, you should consult one in your area immediately.
- Q. How do I prove I'm innocent when fighting a stolen vehicle case I don't have the license plate number or the VIN
- A: It sounds like the case boils down to ID. Were you the person driving the car? If it's not registered to you and you didn't have permission to drive it, then you would need some other defense to the allegation. I wouldn't post too much information on this site, rather call an attorney and speak to them confidentially.