Free Consultation: (310) 410-9902Tap to Call This Lawyer
Tobie Brina Waxman

Tobie Brina Waxman

  • Family Law, Medical Malpractice, Divorce
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Providing high quality legal representation to a wide range of clients throughout the greater Los Angeles area since 1993. I offer reasonable and highly competitive hourly rates where applicable. Prenuptial Agreements and Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDRO) are expertly prepared for one flat fee. The best interests of the children are the focus of the courts and of my law practice. Once your family law matter has resolved, you will not be abandoned. If modifications of any support, child custody or visitation orders are needed in the future, contact my office to reopen your file. I was recently asked what types of medical malpractice cases I am willing to take. My answer? I take good cases. Unlike most other personal injury lawyers, I get the records reviewed by a qualified expert up front before any letters are sent or any case is filed. If I agree to take your case it's because I know it's good and I can make you money.

Practice Areas
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Medical Malpractice
    Birth Injury, Medical Misdiagnosis, Pharmacy Errors, Surgical Errors
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Additional Practice Areas
  • Prenuptial Agreements
  • Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDRO)
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Medical Malpractice cases are handled on a contingency fee basis.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    QDROs and Prenuptial Agreements are handled on a flat fee basis.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
George Washington Univ
Undergraduate Degree
Placeholder image for education.
Loyola Law School
Law Degree
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Culver Marina Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California State Bar  # 167151
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
531 Questions Answered
Q. Do I need a family lawyer in order to gainful parental rights?
A: It's not clear what you mean by "obtain full rights". Has a conflict arisen regarding your rights? Is someone challenging your rights? Is the other parent seeking custody of visitation orders? It's not clear what you are trying to accomplish.
Q. Minnesota, xhusband died married 25 years divorced 2 remained together. Mortgage in both names loan his alone my rights?
A: This question was posted under California, although you preface your inquiry by stating you (or xhusband??) are in Minnesota. From the perspective of California law, if it applies, the extent of the community's interest in the property is not based on whose name is on title or on the loan. The issue is when the property was purchased (i.e. before the date of marriage, after the date of separation, during the marriage, etc.) and the source of funds used to make the down payment and the source of funds used to make the monthly mortgage payments. It's not clear who you are in this fact scenario and therefore not really possible to assess your rights at this time. You should consult with an attorney directly.
Q. NEED Help Please DV case Ex made me pay for it through more DV
A: "DV case" - does this mean you have an existing case? Or you want to file for a DV restraining order? If you are seeking the assistance of an attorney and want to retain an attorney to handle this for you, use the "Find a Lawyer' link at the top of this page.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Offices of Tobie B. Waxman
400 Corporate Pt
Ste 300
Culver City, CA 90230
Telephone: (310) 410-9902
Fax: (888) 411-9036