Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- DUI & DWI
- Criminal Law
- Traffic Tickets
- White Collar Crime
- Domestic Violence
- Free Consultation
Credit Cards Accepted
American Express, Check, Debit Cards, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Debit Cards, Checks
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- 9th Circuit
- English: Spoken, Written
- Visiting Instructor
- California State University, Fresno – Criminology Department
- Volunteered with Criminology Professors in the Instruction of a Mock Trial which was performed in front of 200 plus students, faulty, and other members of the community in order to teach college students not to drink and drive. Instructed students on the basics of driving under the influence and the likely consequences of receiving a DUI in California, specifically in the San Joaquin Valley. Instructed students on delivering opening and closing statements, giving direct and cross examination questions, and assisting in the preparation of the witnesses that would testify.
- Independent Contractor
- Richard Ciummo & Associates
- Contracted to handle numerous misdemeanor and felony conflict cases for indigent clients in Fresno and Madera Superior Courts. Responsible for all types of criminal cases, including serious felony matters, including homicide cases, as well as multiple strike cases, sexual assaults, robberies, and gang cases. Received an assignment with over 100 plus open cases. Successfully closed all open cases, while receiving 20 plus new cases per month and still maintained a private practice.
- Law Clerk
- Forrest, Henderson, Sloan & Davis
- Primarily defended corporate litigation matters in real estate disputes, land sales transactions, contract disputes, bankruptcy, and employment and labor law. Also involved in Unfair Business Practices, RESPA, and Truth in Lending Act actions. Prepared letters, motions, points and authorities, discovery, request for production of documents, admissions, and depositions.
- Law Office of Patience Milrod
- Prepared appellant briefs for the U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, complaints for both federal and state courts, reply briefs to oppositions, interviewed clients, and wrote client letters. Attended hearings for clients in Federal and State courts.
- Fresno County Public Defenders Office
- People v. Ewell: Conducted legal research and trial preparation in a triple homicide case. Also assisted in the California Court of Appeal process, vior dire, review of reports, analysis of witnesses, and sentencing phase. Fresno Municipal and Superior Court Arraignment Courts/Clovis Municipal Court: Prepared files, interviewed clients, and negotiated plea agreements in all criminal matters. Performed research and writing on different misdemeanor, DUI, and felony cases in municipal and superior courts in Fresno, California. Interviewed clients, analyzing police reports, and attending court hearings with supervisor.
- California Western School of Law
- J.D. (2000) | Law
- Completed law school in remarkable time- 2 years.
- Honors: Academic Excellence Award California Western School of Law 2000 | Academic Excellence Award California Western School of Law 1999 | Academic Excellence Award California Western School of Law 1999
- Activities: Law Review, publish law review article on Three Strikes Law.
- California State University - Fresno
- B.S. | Criminology
- Superior DUI Award
- National Advocacy for DUI Defense
- 100 Top DUI Attorneys
- National Advocacy for DUI Defense
- International Law Service Award
- California Western International Law Journal
- State Bar of California  # 213267
Articles & Publications
Websites & Blogs
- Law Offices of Tina M. Barberi, PC | Fresno Defenders
- Fresno DUI and Criminal Lawyer Blog
3 Questions Answered
- Q. What approximate affect on sentencing will the BAC level have for someone convicted of DUI where someone is hurt.
- A: A high BAC will be an aggravating factor when the judge decides a sentence. You are most likely being charged with an enhancement because your alcohol level is over .15% BAC. This is only one factor, so a high BAC alone will not be the only thing that will weigh in on your sentence. Your criminal record, the manner of driving, your accountability, your actions since the accident (have you did anything to treat your alcohol problem?), your age, and the victim's statements are just some considerations the court will make if you are sentenced.
- Q. got a second dui 3 years ago havent enrolled in my dui classes yet is it possible to get my lícense once i do so
- A: You should contact Mandatory Suspension (916) 657- 6525 in order to determine your eligibility for a restricted license. You may have to complete the course because you waited too long before enrolling. However, a recent client enrolled in the course and she received her license, so it is worth trying. In order to enroll, you may need a H-6 printout from DMV.
- Q. I was approved to take the out of state DUI program but was not given a date the classes had to be completed by.
- A: You must complete the course before your probation ends in order to comply with probation. Typically, the standard order is 30 days from the date of sentencing, but if there are no reviews, you should just complete it as soon as you can. If this is a California DUI, make sure to call DMV in Sacramento to request paperwork because DMV does not approve out of state DUI classes. You may need to request a 3 year California license suspension in lieu of complete the class.
Contact & Map