Ted is the Chair for the State of New York (Northern and Western Districts) for the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys.
I am the Managing Attorney for the Bankruptcy Law Center. We have offices in Syracuse and White Plains, New York.
After I graduated from Cornell University with a degree in Economics I went to the State University of New York at Buffalo, where I got not only my law degree by also my Master of Arts Degree in Economics. Rather than jump right into private practice I decided to voluntarily give back to my country by joining the U.S. Marine Corps.
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
- Foreclosure Defense
First consultation is Free. Free Parking.
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Fees are fixed for the Bankruptcy for the legal fee with $250.00 down and payment Plans to retain.
- New Jersey
- New York
- English: Spoken, Written
- Bankruptcy Law Center, Bodow Law Firm, PLLC.
- - Current
- Managing Partner with the firm which specializes in consumer and small business Bankruptcy. Since joining the firm we have increased staff from three (3) to seven (7) full time positions, and added two (2) attorneys. The firm represents debtors only in the filing and administration of Chapter 7, 11, 12 and 13 Bankruptcies. We also defend foreclosure actions by securitized trusts in Bankruptcy and State Courts.
- Altman & Wolfson, LLP.
- Of Counsel Employment Litigation, Intellectual Property analysis and Litigation, Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Private Placements. This was a small law firm that was part of a major client (“Cygnus Management Group”) with whom I went “in-house” until the Venture Capital Group ceased active operations. Reviewed approximately 200 business plans a year where the principals were seeking funding.
- Brown & Michaels, P.C.
- Partner conducted Patent, Trademark, Copyright, Employment and Insurance Defense Litigation. Initiated new business development, recruited professional and support staff, project and monitor budgets and technology support requirements.
- United States Marine Corps
- Captain. Honorable Discharge. Highlights include Aide to the Commanding General, Marine Corps Base, Camp Lejeune (Installation of Approximately 45,000 Marines and family members); Legal Assistance Officer who counseled Marines on civil law. Testified for the North Carolina General Assembly at the request of the Attorney General on the issue of “Pay Day” lenders and the military. The legislation that issued from that Committee hearing would eventually end the business in North Carolina. Executive Officer ("XO") Headquarters Battalion, Marine Corps Base Hawaii, 2d in Command of 1000 Marines; Special Assistant United States Attorney, District of Hawaii.
- Assistant University Counsel
- Cornell University
- Assistant University Counsel conducted all of the litigation for the University, including Employment, Intellectual Property; Environmental; Personal Injury; federal lawsuits of all statutory descriptions. Appeared before all manner of State and Federal Administrative agencies for the University, including the EEOC.
- SUNY Buffalo
- J.D. (1985) | Law
- Honors: Western New York Trial Lawyers Association Robert J. Connelly Award for Trial Practice.
- SUNY Buffalo
- M.A. (1985) | Economics
- Cornell University
- B.S. (1982) | Economics
- Honors: Deans List multiple semesters
- Activities: Cross Country & Track
- LAMP Award
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Association “LAMP” (Legal Assistance, Military Practice); Western New York Trial Lawyers Trial Technique Award; Three Navy Achievement Medals; National Defense Service Medal; Federal District Court Award for Pro Bono Service.
- Activities: I have conducted and participated in numerous seminars in trial practice, evidence, motion practice, and procedure. Successfully completed the following courses of study: Naval Justice School, 1992(10 weeks); New York State Prosecutors School, Albany, New York, 1986(2 weeks); National Institute of Trial Advocacy (NITA) Courses (Multiple); New Jersey New Lawyers Course, 1986; Officer Candidate School, United States Marine Corps, Quantico, Virginia, 1991(10 weeks); The Basic School, United States Marine Corps, Quantico, Virginia, 1992(7 months); Amphibious Warfare School (Correspondence); John F. Kennedy Special Warfare School, Ft. Bragg, North Carolina (Resident, Antiterrorism, 1993).
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Chair, New York State
- - Current
- Activities: NACBA is the only national organization dedicated to serving the needs of consumer bankruptcy attorneys and protecting the rights of consumer debtors in bankruptcy. Formed in 1992, NACBA now has more than 4,000 members located in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. NACBA has also played a critical role in many important court cases affecting the rights of consumer bankruptcy debtors by filing amicus briefs in U.S. Courts of Appeal and the Supreme Court, with many of those case decisions influenced by NACBA's participation. In addition, NACBA provides the most comprehensive educational programs in the country for consumer bankruptcy attorneys with its annual conventions and workshops. The National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys was formed in 1992 to: Ensure that the voices of consumer debtors and their attorneys are heard in the halls of Congress, the Judiciary and other arenas affecting consumer debtors; and Help consumer bankruptcy attorneys represent their clients more effectively.