Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate Law
4 Questions Answered
- Q. When selling business equipment should I use that money to pay bills before or after I declare bankruptcy?
- A: Do not pay large amount of money to family, friends, or credit cards before filing chapter 7 bankruptcy. These are considered "preferences" and the bankruptcy trustee will be able to take such money back and re-distribute to all of the creditors on a pro-rata basis. The amount of money that you have from selling your husband’s equipment can possibly be protected depending on your state exemption limits.
- Q. I purchased a home in Sacramento and lived in it for a year. I had to move for work and couldn't sell, so I rented it.
- A: I am a short sale expert attorney, can you give me a few more details or give me a call to discuses 916 442 6400, short sales need a hard ship and must be owner occupied, lets discuss further we might be able to draw a hardship but I need to know a bit more, I have negotiated many short sales in the past few years in all of them we have been able to settle with the banks and the seller walks with no debt or tax penalties.
- Q. I CLAIMED BANKRUPTCY AND WILL HAVE A DISCHARGE ON DEC.12,2012 BUT SOME CREDITORS ARE STILL LISTED ON MY CREDIT REPORT.
- A: Some or all your creditors will be listed on your report, they will have a chapter 7 discharge status as soon as your case gets discharge. Just be sure to work hard on repairing your credit and you will be on your way to credit restoration soon.
Contact & Map