Free Consultation: (914) 358-5200Tap to Call This Lawyer
Susan Beth Henner

Susan Beth Henner

Susan B. Henner, Attorney at Law, PLLC
  • Immigration Law
  • New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Susan Henner has been practicing immigration law for over 20 years. A 1994 graduate of New York Law School, Susan is the co-chair of the Westchester County Bar Association, Immigration Committee and an Adjunct Professor at New York Law School. Susan assists employers to obtain green cards and visas for clients, and also practices in the areas of removal & deportation. Her areas of practice include: PERM, H-1B visas, O-1, EB-1s, political asylum, cancellation of removal, waivers, and deportation defense. Conveniently located in White Plains, Susan Henner offers free consultations and speaks Spanish.

Practice Area
  • Immigration Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Flat rate fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
  • Spanish
Professional Experience
Adjunct Professor
New York Law School
- Current
Adjunct Professor in the Safe Passage Immigration Law Program
Susan B. Henner, Attorney at Law, PLLC
- Current
Owner of immigration law firm located in White Plains, New York, Westchester County.
Hirson, Wexler, Perl & Stark
Senior Associate at immigration law firm in New York City. Responsible for H-1B visas and green card petitions for large corporate clients.
Wilens & Baker, PC
Associate Attorney in large immigration firm located in New York City. Supervised corporate immigration department. Represented aliens in immigration court during removal proceedings. Filed applications for political asylum, Suspension of Deportation, Cancellation of Removal, etc. Represented family-based immigrants during immigration process.
Fragomen, Del Rey & Bernsen
Represented corporate clients in Washington DC office of major immigration law firm.
New York Law School
J.D. (1994) | Moot Court Honor Society. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, Winner Third Best Brief Award. International Law Society.
Honors: Lung-chu Chen Award for Excellence in the Field of Human Rights; Moor Court Honor Society; Dean's List.
S.U.N.Y. Albany
B.A. (1991) | Political Science Major. History/Spanish Minor.
Honors: Dean's List; Secretary, Class of 1991 (2 years); Purple and Gold Community Service Honor Society; Alpha Omicron Pi Sorority, Assistant Vice President.
Forty Under Forty
Business Council of Westchester
Professional Associations
Westchester County Bar Association
Co-Chair, Immigration & Naturalization Committee
- Current
Business Council of Westchester
- Current
American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Current
New York State Bar # 2801405
- Current
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
8 Questions Answered

Q. I would like to know , how long its takes to come back in the us after being deported? thanks.
A: It depends on the reason for deportation. Different crimes or reasons for removal will subject the deportee to different time periods they must remain outside the country. Some drug convictions, for example, may mean that the deportee may never be permitted to return to the US. Other crimes may invoke a twenty year bar or a ten year bar depending on the reason for deportation.
Q. My husband has been here illigaly for over 20 years and works every day I am a US citizen how do I help him
A: It depends how he came to the United States. You can sponsor your husband if he either came with a visa, or if he had filed (or someone filed on his behalf) a petition prior to April 30, 2001. Otherwise, you should discusss the case with a qualified immigration lawyer to see any other options he may have. You can contact our office at 914-358-5200.
Q. I'm married permanent resident for 4 years now. Is my brother (not married) eligible for family unity program?
A: In order to sponsor your brother you would need to be a US citizen. Sponsorship of a sibling takes many many years; in some cases 12 to 15 years.
Q. Does my husband need to file a overstay waiver for me?
A: If you entered with a visa waiver and are married to a citizen you can apply for adjustment of status and a visa. You need not file a special waiver form for this type of case. You may obtain a copy of the I-94 card you used to enter by filing Forn I-102 with the USCIS and providing the date of entry etc on the forms.
Q. My fiance is incarcerated sentenced to 4yrs n 5yrs parole. Will he be deported?
A: It depends. What is the crime for which he was incarcerated? Is there any reason he can not return to his home country? Does he have a green card or is he illegal here? It sounds like he was convicted of a felony. Normally this would render him removable in most cases. However there may be relief from deportation for him depending on when the crime occurred and what it was. Also if he can not return home or has relief from removal he can in some cases apply to remain in the US. He will at some point have a hearing with an immigration judge. Make sure he speaks to a qualified immigration lawyer prior in order to determine any forms of relief for him.
Q. Getting paid less than prevailing wage. Filing for H1b.
A: The employer must pay the prevailing wage or exceed it. The "levels" may be determined by reviewing the requirements for the position and then equating them to your actual experience and education. The lesser job you mention sounds like it may not qualify for H1B status. Remember the position itself must require the holder of a bachelors degree. It must have the proper svp level (usually 7 or above). You may want to talk to the employer about increasing your wage or about reducing your hours and switching to the hourly calculations of salary until you fit properly in your required level. Once the LCA is approved the cases are not usually denied on salary grounds. The reasons for denial include the fact that the position itself is not a speciality occupation or that you do not possess the required education or experience to perform the duties described in the petition.
Q. When filing an I-129 expedited, do I pay the regular $ 325 + the $ 1225 fee, or only $ 1225?
A: The employer is required to pay the $325 and the $1225 premium fee. In addition if it is the first time an employer is filing for the individual they must also pay the $500 fraud fee as well as the employer fee of $750 or $1500 (depending on the size of the sponsoring employer).
Q. If my son is bearer of a green card since 4 years before, and now he is 14 years old, should he file for renewal the gre
A: Generally the green card is valid for ten years. Look on the front of the card for an expiration date. Your son should file for an extension of the card a few months prior to the expiration of the current card. He can file right on line in most cases.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
34 South Broadway, Suite 218
White Plains, NY 10601
Telephone: (914) 358-5200
Fax: (914) 358-5203