Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Consumer Law
- Employment Law
Additional Practice Area
- Wage & Hour Law
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- West Virginia
- 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Carlson Lynch LTD
- - Current
- Provides representation to employees in matters involving claims relating to race, gender, age, disability, religious, and national origin discrimination, employment at-will, wrongful discharge, protected leaves of absence under the FMLA and USERRA, breach of contract, defamation, and fraud before various judicial and administrative tribunals, including federal and state courts and government agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission; Represents plaintiffs in state and federal wage and hour class and collective action litigation and consumer class actions.
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Represented and advised management clients in the area of labor and employment law; Trial experience in a variety of proceedings including jury and bench trials, arbitration, and administrative evidentiary hearings; Extensive experience arguing and briefing issues of law; Significant deposition experience; Provided proactive and preventative advice, including the creation, evaluation, and implementation of personnel policies, to assist employers in maintaining compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws; Assisted employers in accommodating employee disabilities, avoiding liability for discrimination, managing the risk of whistleblower or retaliatory discharge liability, preparing and evaluating employment contracts, non-compete agreements, and severance programs, avoiding disputes concerning health insurance and COBRA benefits, preventing and mitigating charges of sexual and racial harassment, hostile workplace claims, and allegations of manager and supervisor misconduct, avoiding claims relating to negligent hiring, background checks, drug testing, and confidentiality violations, managing disability and military service leave, effectuating reductions in force, and maintaining compliance with state and federal wage and hour laws; Presented training programs for executives, supervisors, and human resource professionals in areas such as employee handbooks and workplace policies, conducting employee investigations, and handling terminations and other corrective disciplinary actions to minimize the risks of employment-related litigation; Represented employers in arbitration proceedings and in the negotiation and administration of collective bargaining agreements; Managed employee misconduct and complaint investigations.
- Bechtol and Lee, P.C.
- Handled numerous workers’ compensation hearings on behalf of private and public sector employers; Took and defended numerous fact and expert witness depositions; Represented employers and foreign nationals in all immigration matters raised by the future or current employment relationship; Assisted with the negotiation of collective bargaining agreements; Provided representation and counseling to employers in matters before the National Labor Relations Board, the Occupational Safety & Health Administration, the United States Department of Homeland Security, state and federal courts, and the workers’ compensation and unemployment compensation bureaus.
- Provided litigation and research support, concentrating in the area of labor and employment law; Drafted various motions, briefs, legal research memoranda, and other documents; Assisted in investigations of employment discrimination complaints; Represented indigent clients in various pro bono engagements; Participated in settlement conferences before state and federal court judges.
- Law Clerk
- Swensen, Perer & Kontos
- Provided litigation and research support; Drafted various motions, briefs, legal research memoranda, and other documents; Attended and observed numerous jury and bench trials.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- J.D. | Law
- Honors: Cum Laude, CALI Excellence for the Future Award (Seminar on Judicial Review and Interpretive Authority), William H. Eckert Prize (In Recognition of Superior Paper in the Upper Level J.D. Program), Semester Honors, University Scholarship Award Recipient (Based on First-Year G.P.A.)
- Activities: University of Pittsburgh Law Review Research Editor, Trial Moot Court, Appellate Moot Court, Women’s Law Association
- University of Pennsylvania
- B.A. | Sociology
- Activities: Penn Women’s Crew, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Cystic Fibrosis Clinical Research Volunteer, Ronald McDonald House Volunteer, Kite & Key Society
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map