Free Consultation: (484) 816-6647Tap to Call This Lawyer
Steven Pacillio

Steven Pacillio

Omnis Law Group, LLC
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Appeals & Appellate...
  • Eastern District of PA, Pennsylvania
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Steven M. Pacillio is a founding member and the managing partner of the Delaware County Office.  Mr. Pacillio focuses his practice in the field of criminal defense. An Ivy League graduate, Steve earned his Bachelor’s degree from the University of Pennsylvania.  He went on to receive his Juris Doctorate from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law.  Mr. Pacillio currently sits on the Alumni Board of Managers of the University of Pennsylvania, volunteers as the Solicitor for the Thornbury Historical Society, and is a member of the Board of Directors of JURIST Legal News and Research Services, Inc., the world’s only law school-based comprehensive legal news and research service.

Mr. Pacillio left a career in the Information Technology field where he specialized in computer design, network implementation and network security.  Before joining Omnis Law Group, LLC, Steve served as an Assistant District Attorney in Delaware County, Pennsylvania for just under five years and was a criminal defense partner in a general litigation firm for over a dozen years.  He handled cases in the Magisterial District Courts, Summary Appeals, the Juvenile Division, Drug Court and the Criminal Trial Division.  He was a founding member and lead prosecutor for the County’s Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force, under a grant from the U.S. Department of Justice.  The task force prosecutes Internet solicitation and child pornography cases.  Additionally, he headed up the Insurance Fraud Unit and Auto Theft Prevention Unit under grants from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. 

Mr. Pacillio is an active member of the multiple bar associations, The Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (PACDL), and other professional organizations. Steve also serves as a consultant and expert witness, assisting other attorneys in litigation matters involving advanced technology and computer forensics in both State and Federal courts.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Juvenile Law
  • Communications & Internet Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Employment Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Child Pornography & Computer Crimes
  • Free Consultation
    One half-hour free consultation, in-office or telephone conference, for all prospective criminal defense clients. Consultation fees for prison visits determined on a case-by-case basis.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    * processing fees apply.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Eastern District of PA
Professional Experience
Principal & Founding Partner
Omnis Law Group, LLC
- Current
Solicitor, Board Member
Thornbury Historical Society
- Current
Board Member
JURIST Legal News & Research
- Current
M M & D - General Litigation Firm
M M & D - General Litigation Firm
Assistant District Attorney
District Attorney's Office of Delaware County, PA
University of Pittsburgh School of Law
J.D. (1999)
University of Pennsylvania
B.A. (1994)
Professional Associations
Pennsylvania State Bar # 84434
Websites & Blogs
Steven M. Pacillio, Esquire
Omnis Law Group, LLC
Omnis Law Blog
Legal Answers
6 Questions Answered

Q. I am being charged w/ unlawful use of a motor vehicle by my ex-husband. What would be the amount of the fine if guilty ?
A: "Unauthorized use of automobiles and other vehicles" is found at 75 Pa.C.S. § 3928. It is a misdemeanor of the second degree in PA which means you face a statutory maximum of 2 years of incarceration and/or a fine of up to $5,000. Anytime you are facing criminal charges is it important to contact an experienced criminal defense attorney to review your case. An experienced attorney can assist you in getting the best result and possibly avoiding jail.
Q. I wanna kno if u have a no grade felony does it drop to a misdemeanor and if so how long does it take?
A: Presumably you are referring to an ungraded felony. If you have been convicted of an ungraded felony, it will never "drop to a misdemeanor." If, however, you are merely charged with an ungraded felony, there is always the chance that your attorney can negotiate a plea deal involving dropping the felony charge(s) and pleading guilty to misdemeanor charges. If you have a pending case you should contact an experienced criminal defense attorney to assist you as soon as possible. I wish you success in dealing with your current issues.
Q. can I fight a pending DUI that the police didn't observe me driving and don't know when I ingested the drugs?
A: You can fight any case. The likelihood of success varies based on the evidence available. You should promptly consult an experienced criminal defense attorney to review and evaluate your case. There are many factors to consider. For example: the police don't have to see you drive, it could be another witness or circumstantial evidence used against you. An experienced defense attorney who has taken DUI cases to trial will know where to look for favorable evidence and how to prepare to combat harmful evidence. I wish you the best in dealing with your case.
Q. I my attorney deals with my estate matters, can I use the same attorney to represent a family matter in a criminal case?
A: There is nothing that prohibits an estate attorney from representing a person in a criminal matter. However (and this is a BIG however), would you let a heart surgeon operate on your brain, saying that a surgeon is a surgeon? I would not recommend it. Just as with any service you are seeking, you want to be certain that the person you hire has experience and expertise in the field. If any of my family members needed representation in a criminal case, I would want an experienced criminal defense attorney to represent them. Having an estate attorney fumble his/her way through it probably will not get the best result for the client.
Q. Can i legally own a firearm if i was convicted of a felony for forgery, but didnt serve jail time? in PA. only probation
A: Unfortunately, a felony conviction (regardless of how old it is) makes a person ineligible to possess a firearm both under Federal law and PA state law.
Q. Can I get charged for anything for this?
A: Unfortunately, you never know what the kid or the mom might tell the police (if they even called the police). Fortunately, Walmart stores generally have good video surveillance systems. If you are contacted by the police you should immediately contact an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area to represent you during your interaction with the police. An experienced defense attorney will also know how to contact Walmart to preserve the video footage of the interaction which would be instrumental in proving what happened.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Delaware County Office
323 E. Front Street
First Floor
Media, PA 19063
Telephone: (484) 816-6647
Fax: (484) 321-8181
Chester County Office
310 N. High Street
West Chester, PA 19380
Telephone: (484) 816-6647
Fax: (610) 692-3515
Center City Office
121 S. Broad Street
Suite 1200
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Telephone: (484) 816-6647
Fax: (267) 507-1228
Montgomery County Office
1000 Germantown Ave
Suite D-3
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
Telephone: (484) 816-6647
Fax: (610) 627-2666