25 office locations throughout Pennsylvania. Call for nearest office location.
I am a former Senior Deputy District Attorney with personal experience in over 10,000 Criminal cases, ranging from minor traffic offenses to homicide. Over the past 25+ years of practice I have worked with thousands of police officers and have appeared in court on countless occasions. We know the system and all of the tricks the police use to gain an advantage. Few attorneys possess my firm’s background and extensive experience in this area of the law.
EXCLUSIVE PRACTICE - My practice is limited to Criminal, DUI and Traffic defense cases. I am not a general practitioner who handles many different types of law. Criminal law has been my only practice area since I became a lawyer over 20 years ago.
CUSTOMER SERVICE - I treat clients the way I would want to be treated if I was experiencing legal problems – with honesty, kindness and respect. I do not tell clients what they want to hear just to get a case. I do not scare clients into retaining me. I will never say to a client “Don’t worry about it.” What I do is tell clients the truth, right over the phone. I call clients back, even at night or on weekends. Additionally, my staff is well-informed and very helpful if I am not in the office when you call.
FREE IN-DEPTH CONSULTATIONS - I gladly talk to new clients over the phone, for as long as you wish. I will answer every question that you have over the phone, or even in person if you prefer, for free. I will gladly explain all of your options, give you my honest opinion about what could happen to you and I even quote a fee and a flexible payment plan, right over the phone. I believe that an informed client is the best client. Again, if I was having legal problems, that is the way that I would want to be treated.
- DUI & DWI
- Traffic Tickets
- Criminal Law
- Free Consultation
I gladly talk to new clients over the phone and I will answer every question that you have over the phone, or even in person if you prefer, for free. I will gladly explain all of your options, give you my honest opinion about what could happen to you and I even quote a fee and a flexible payment plan, right over the phone. I believe that an informed client is the best client.
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Flexible payment plan available
- English: Spoken, Written
- Ellis B. Klein & Associates
- Senior Deputy District Attorney
- District Attorney's Office
- Widener University Delaware School of Law
- J.D. (1994)
- Honors: Widener University Law Review, 2 year member
- Activities: Editorial Board, Widener University Law Review
- Albright College
- 10 Best Defense Attorney for Client Satisfaction in Pennsylvania
- American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
- Named as one of the 10 Best Lawyers in Pennsylvania for Client Satisfaction
- Top 100 Criminal Defense Lawyer in Pennsylvania
- American Society of Legal Advocates
- Named as one of the top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys in Pennsylvania
- Top 100 DUI Lawyers in Pennsylvania
- National Advocacy for DUI Defense
- Named as one of the top 100 DUI Lawyers in Pennsylvania
- Client's Choice Award
- Avvo.com (Lawyer review website)
- Over 200 Five-Star reviews from former clients on the lawyer-review website Avvo.com.
- Top Rated Attorney
- Avvo.com (Lawyer review website)
- Awarded rating of "10" by the lawyer-review website Avvo.com
- Pennsylvania DUI Arrest? Useful Info Revealed From a Former Prosecutor
- Ellis B. Klein
- PA State High School Mock Trial Juror/Evaluator, PA State High School Mock Trial Competition, PA
- PA State High School Mock Trial Competition
- Served as a "juror" in the PA High School Mock Trial Competition. Evaluated "trials" put on by county high school students, graded their performance and gave them advice on how to be a trial attorney.
- Q. I got pulled over for speeding in a school zone. Should I plead not guilty?
- A: You will not lose your license, unless this is a 2nd offense. It will be 3 points added to your license which could affect your insurance rates. Plead not guilty and get a lawyer, as your chances to get zero points will be better with a lawyer. Also, depending on the county, some judges will let your lawyer go to court for you, so you may not even have to go to court to get the points reduced. Good luck!
- Q. Traffic ticket issued in NJ, PA drivers license. Offense 19:9-1.2.19
- A: You should be in good shape. Out of state tickets do not transfer to PA. It does transfer if you had a NJ license and received a ticket in PA.
- Q. GA Driver, cited for 3362 A2, 60 @55. Notes say 75/55 Approaching and active work zone, 3AM tix. Can I use 3368 C4
- A: First you need to check with GA DOT to see if out of state tickets transfer as this offense is 3 points plus and automatic suspension for going over 11mph over in a work zone. Get a local traffic lawyer - many judge will let your lawyer go to court for you to try to change the ticket to one with less consequences. Good luck
- Q. NJ Driver. Got a stop sign ticket. Should I plea it to a 3111(a) or non-moving violation? Will 3111a be reported to NJ?
- A: You should definitely plead not guilty and go to court as any moving violation in Pennsylvania, and even some non-moving violations like 3111 A do transfer as points to New Jersey. Even though 3111a is considered a non-moving violation in Pennsylvania, New Jersey considers this a moving violation and will assigned two points to your license. There are other tickets out there that do not transfer and an experienced traffic defense lawyer would assist you in getting just a fine and no points. If you are from out of county, many judges will allow a lawyer to go in your place to work it out.
- Q. I was charged with altered,forged,or documents and plate's did 9 months in bcp now I am being told my lisence is suspend
- A: Yes, there is an automatic suspension under the law for convictions for that offense. The only thing you can do is file a PCRA petition alleging your lawyer did not represent you properly.
- Q. Can you be charged with a DUI if you're stopped by police and it's discovered you were smoking pot,
- A: No, DUI covers alcohol and/or drugs. PA is a zero tolerance state which means that if any amount is found in your blood, no matter when you smoked, it will be considered a DUI. If convicted, you are looking at a mandatory minimum 3 day jail sentence plus a one year license suspension. You should start speaking with experienced criminal defense attorneys as you will likely need one, once your papers are sent to you in the mail. Most attorneys, including myself give free consultations. You may have a defense, or you may be eligible for a first time offender program if you have no prior record. Good luck
- Q. My roommate was using my car and got a speeding ticket, which was mailed to him with my name on it. Who do I talk to to
- A: You would need to plead not guilty with the court and then you would get a trial date. If you were not the driver and you name is listed on the citation, that is a potential fatal error on the ticket and the judge can throw it out. You should got to court with a lawyer as your chances of this working out are better than if you represent yourself. If you would like a free consultation, please call me or another lawyer of your choosing. Best of luck