Free Consultation: (813) 549-0096Tap to Call This Lawyer
Stephen K. Hachey

Stephen K. Hachey

Law Offices of Stephen K Hachey, P.A.
  • Real Estate Law, Business Law, Foreclosure Defense...
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Mr. Hachey opened his law practice in Tampa, Florida in 2007. Mr. Hachey is admitted to the Florida Bar and is licensed to practice law in the state of Florida. Prior to launching his legal career, Mr. Hachey earned an undergraduate degree from Indiana University in accounting and performed tax consulting services as a Certified Public Accountant for Arthur Andersen in Chicago, Illinois. Mr. Hachey is also a graduate of Florida State University, earning his law degree in 2005.

Mr. Hachey is also a current member of the National and Florida Board of Realtors, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Florida Bar, and a Circuit Civil Mediator in the state of Florida.

Practice Areas
  • Real Estate Law
  • Business Law
  • Foreclosure Defense
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Bankruptcy
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Offices of Stephen K Hachey, P.A.
- Current
Attorney at Echevarria, Codillis, & Stawiarski
Florida State University College of Law
J.D. (2005) | Law
Indiana University - Indiana University-Bloomington
B.S. (2000) | Accounting
20 Best Real Estate Law Firms in Tampa
10 Best Real Estate Law Attorneys
American Institute of Legal Counsel
Professional Associations
Florida State Bar # 15322
- Current
Speaking Engagements
Foreclosures and Short Sales, Clearwater, FL
Pinellas County Realtor Association
Homeowner and Condo Associations, Orlando, FL
Shile Insurance
Certified Circuit Civil Mediator
Florida Supreme Court
Certified Circuit Civil Foreclosure Mediator
Florida Supreme Court
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
5 Questions Answered

Q. What can i do if a seller takes 6 months to close and I have paid for the inspections and all the fees
A: Yes. Legally, you can sue for specific performance to force the seller to sell you the property.
Q. Bought a house cash, only wife's name on deed. We separate, she mortgages house. We divorce, put house for sale.
A: Legally, yes. In reality, no. Extremely difficult to assume a mortgage that was taken out with a traditional lender. If it was a private lender, then it would be much easier, provide the lender agrees.
Q. How can I get a copy of the sale of my home from 2006?
A: The deed will be recorded in the public records of the County. Any other documents may be as the title company that conducted the closing.
Q. Husband and his ex wife are selling a home they both own. I am his current wife. Husband doesnt want the money, I do.
A: You do not have any legal rights to the property (or money) as it is not your homestead nor would it be considered marital property.
Q. If I sell my property and did my own contract among the buyer is a friend and she agreed and signed and notorized contra
A: Contracts are not recorded. Deeds and mortgages are recorded. I suggest contacting a licensed real estate attorney such as myself to complete the deal properly.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Tampa Office
15619 Premiere Dr. Ste 104A
Tampa, FL 33624
Telephone: (813) 549-0096
Riverview Office
10853 Boyette Rd
Suite A
Riverview, FL 33569
Telephone: (813) 803-5505
South Tampa Office
3708 Bay to Bay Blvd.
Suite A
Tampa, FL 33629
Telephone: (813) 400-2811
13575 58th St. N Ste 248
Clearwater, FL 33760
Telephone: (727) 228-2747