I have been a Florida licensed attorney for almost 15 years since graduation from Stetson College of Law in 2002 with honors. In addition to being an editor on Stetson’s Law Review, I gained practical experience through an internship with the United States’ Attorney’s office and a clerkship with a Federal Magistrate Judge. Thereafter, I worked in consumer bankruptcy practice for approximately 5 years. I then spent some time in creditor practice before returning to my happy place: bankruptcy. I spent about another 5 years representing both individual and corporate debtors in Ch. 7, 11, and 13 before joining Ms. Arkovich’s practice. Here, I have diversified my practice to not only include bankruptcy, but also foreclosure defense, consumer collections litigation, debt defense, and student loans.
I genuinely care about each individual case, and I see my clients as people who deserve individual attention, not just another retainer fee. I see cases like a game of chess; you have to anticipate what your opponent is going to do and act accordingly. To quote Ms. Arkovich, “it takes confidence to be a good lawyer.” I enjoy being at the forefront of new strategies to assist my clients to achieve successful outcomes. I was one of the first attorneys in Tampa to file a Motion to Strip a second mortgage in a Ch. 13 case. I was able to save dozens of clients thousands of dollars by eliminating the junior liens on their homes. Now, that practice is commonplace, and I continue to employ it today.
- Foreclosure Defense
- Consumer Law
- Free Consultation
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Christie D. Arkovich, P.A.
- - Current
- The Solomon Law Group, P.A.
- Buddy D. Ford, P.A.
- Florida Default Law Group, P.L.
- P.R. Smith Law Group
- Feinberg, Isaak & Smith, P.A.
- Stetson University College of Law
- J.D. (2002)
- University of South Florida
- B.A. (1999)
- Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Florida State Bar # 582115
- - Current
- Barbara C. Leon's Website Profile
- Christie D. Arkovich, P.A. Website
- Tampa Bankruptcy Lawyer Blog
- Any Vets Out There Needing to File Bankruptcy – A New Door Has Just Opened!
25 August 2019
- Ocwen’s Troubled Past with Tracking Mortgage Payments and Escrow Balances
22 August 2019
- How Can a Student Loan Attorney Help — Afterall My Servicer’s Advice is Free, Right?!
19 August 2019
- How Exactly do I Revoke Consent to Call My Cell Phone?
9 August 2019
- New Student Loan Portal in Middle District of Florida Bankruptcy Cases
7 August 2019
- Help to Stop Robocalls
4 August 2019
- Tips for Parents Saving for College
1 August 2019
- PSLF Hoops to Jump Through: How to Avoid Being One of the Less Than 1/2 of 1% Who Qualify for PSLF!
17 July 2019
- What Happens to Student Loan Debt in a Divorce?
10 July 2019