Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law
- Entertainment & Sports Law
30 minute free consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- English: Spoken, Written
- Univ of California San Diego
- Undergraduate Degree
- Loyola Law School
- Law Degree
- California State Bar  # 121834
- - Current
- Attorney, Sync Summit - LA, Los Angeles
- Sync Summitt
3 Questions Answered
- Q. If my wife has a medical drawing that she wants to sell and protect her rights to the drawing what is the process?
- A: I assume what you want is to be sure the drawing is covered under US Copyright Law. Once an item is put into a tangible medium it is copyrighted under US Copyright Law. However, to receive damages if someone infringes on your artwork, you need to file with the US Copyright Office. You can find their site online, and for artwork it's a form VA (Visual Arts).
- Q. As co-author of an artwork ( painting) can I sell my part of copyright without approval from my co-author?
- A: It depends. Do you and your co author have an agreement between you? If so, the terms of the contract will govern. If there is no agreement are you selling the actual copyright or an interest in royalties. Without an agreement, you can sell your part of the copyright, or a royalty interest.
- Q. I have a trade mark question
- A: Are you saying in the trademark listings from the Trademark Office, the mark is listed as "abandoned"? If so, it is available for someone else to use.
Contact & Map