Free Consultation: (212) 721-5300Tap to Call This Lawyer
Sharon M. Siegel

Sharon M. Siegel

Let our family help you and your family!
  • Estate Planning, Probate, Real Estate Law...
  • New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
  • Estate Planning
  • Probate
  • Real Estate Law
  • Education Law
  • Bankruptcy
  • Free Consultation
    My free consultations are usually by phone, unless there is a need to see documents.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Croatian: Spoken
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
J.D. (1993)
Honors: Jacob Burns Award, Editor-In-Chief, Cardozo Women's Law Journal
Activities: Student government, Bet-Tzedik Legal Services
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law Logo
Barnard College
B.A. (1993) | Political Science
Honors: Cum Laude
Activities: Student Government, Honor Sociecty
Placeholder image for education.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
10 Questions Answered

Q. Could a lawyer that practices in probate look over a final probate paper that im an heir in? I think I got robbed...
A: Absolutely. If you hire a lawyer, they can perform any skills or tasks that you hire them to do. This is why it is imperative to go to a lawyer who practices in your needed area as an expert!
Q. I used my boss' credit card for a couple of personal purchases. Is that identity theft?
A: No. If you had no permission, it is plain old regular illegal theft.
Q. Property deed doesn't match tax record. Complicating sale of home. Is this hard to correct?
A: No. Your attorney can handle this.
Q. My brother took over our family business and paid me out.
A: It depends on what your buyout agreement says. That is the governing document.
Q. How do I get money owed me out of someone who is bankrupt?
A: The short answer is you don't. That is the point of bankruptcy -- to not pay your debts. The long answer is that if there is a basis to seek non-discharge of the claim, you can make a complaint to do so.
Q. My neighbor claims trees on my property are blocking his view
A: Ignore, unless they overhang his property, in which case he can cut that part down.
Q. "town and village codes"
A: It depends on what your contract says. If it is the form, you need to legalize the deck or cancel the contract. This is a common suburban issue. I am not sure why your attorney cannot deal with it.
Q. Landlord keeping deposits?
A: You can bring a small claims case. The terms of your lease will govern.
Q. As a %50 beneficiary of a revocable trust in New York State, what are my rights?
A: Can you clarify if the Grantor/Trustee is deceased or alive? In other words, do you have a current beneficial interest or do you have a contingent beneficial interest. This very much affects the answer. I would presume that the Grantor is the primary beneficiary. If Grantor has passed away, and you are the beneficiary of the trust, you have a right to a copy oft the trust.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Siegel & Siegel, P.C.
One Penn Plaza
Suite 2414
New York, NY 10119-2414
Telephone: (212) 721-5300
Fax: (212) 947-9967