- Business Law, Construction Law, Employment Law ...
Seth was born and grew up in Northern Michigan. Prior to and while going to college he worked in the construction field with a general contracting firm. He received his Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science from Oakland University in 1992. He received his Juris Doctorate (Cum Laude, Law Review) from Thomas M. Cooley Law School in 1997. During law school, he clerked for a mid-sized, full service law firm as well as for the Michigan Attorney General’s office. He began his law career working for a short period of time for both a construction and asbestos litigation firm. From 1997-2012 he was General Counsel for one of the largest privately held professional employer organizations in Michigan, which provided companies outsourced services in the areas of human resources, payroll, benefits and risk management. While working at the professional employer organization, he worked with many small businesses in several states and in various industries. In addition to his General Counsel duties he was in leadership and management positions including: Vice President of Operations, Senior Vice President, Chief Operating Officer and President.
He has served on several local and national industry boards and has published articles in both local and national trade magazines. He was a mediator for several years for small claims court.
Admitted to State Bar of Michigan: 1997
U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan: 1997
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Construction Law
- Construction Contracts, Construction Defects, Construction Liens, Construction Litigation
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Social Security Disability
- Intellectual Property
Contingency fee cases only involve employment related employee matters
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
- J.D. | Law
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Activities: Law Review
- Rochester Regional Chamber of Commerce
- State Bar of Michigan
- - Current