Seth has had a varied career and has taken a winding road to get to where he is today. "I'm kind of a jack of all trades," says Seth. Before founding Gaskins Law Group with his wife, Chelsea Walker-Gaskins, Seth was a coal miner, a teacher, Deputy Clerk of the West Virginia Court of Claims, and most recently serving as Chief Counsel to the House of Delegates' Committee on Energy. Seth also regularly performs consulting work for the energy industry on numerous issues involving insurance risk.
Seth attended Marshall University and later attended law school at Western Michigan University's Cooley Law in Lansing, Michigan. A West Virginia native, Seth will never leave his home state. "West Virginia has the greatest people on earth and has been pretty good to me," Seth is quick to remind folks.
This wide breadth of knowledge and local flare gives Seth a unique perspective to helping clients. "Clients don't want someone that is stuck a single box," Seth maintains. "Having multiple perspectives is sometimes what cracks the most complex cases."
Today, Seth is a lawyer in private practice--focusing exclusively on Divorce and Immigration matters. He has found the practice of immigration and divorce to be rewarding in numerous ways. "I enjoy seeing people's dreams come true," says Seth. "For most that means becoming a U.S. citizen or bringing their significant other home." "I also enjoy more than anything bringing peace to a difficult situation at home by helping spouses move on with their lives."
- Immigration Law
- Personal Injury
- Family Law
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- West Virginia
- West Virginia
- English: Spoken, Written
- Western Michigan University
- J.D. (2011)
- Activities: Law Journal
- West Virginia State Bar # 11906
- Q. So if im going through maryland to get to pa can i have my gun in the car?
- A: If you are referring to licensed concealed carry reciprocity then the answer is no. Maryland does not have reciprocity with West Virginia; however, Pennsylvania does. If you are simply talking about transporting an unloaded and unconcealed weapon across state lines, you will need to consult the law in each state to find out what the requirements are for transporting a weapon.
- Q. should i be worried about going to jail. my child support is behind
- A: You have a legal obligation to pay child support. You are at risk of being held in contempt if you do not comply with the order. In West Virginia, if you are more than $7,000.00 in arrears, then you are guilty of a felony.
- Q. Custody for 9 year old little boy , I've been taken care of for 7 months now
- A: You should sit down with an experienced family law attorney. You are talking about filing for custody of the child. These cases can be complex.