Scott D RosenbergLaw Office of Scott D. Rosenberg - Elder Law, Wills, Trusts, Probate
- Elder Law, Estate Planning, Probate
Attorney Rosenberg’s choice to focus on the practice of Elder Law through a client-centered approach is the culmination of years of diverse professional passions. A Cum Laude graduate and President’s Scholarship recipient at New England Law | Boston, Scott continued his studies in sophisticated estate and tax planning techniques with postgrad work at Boston University School of Law, initially practicing in his area. After several years of practice and seeing the increasing prevalence of long-term care issues in his clients, he that a more exclusive focus on elder law would allow him to incorporate his long-held interests in medicine and psychology into his practice.
This interest was sparked, in part, by his advocacy work for individuals with impaired capacity, usually due to Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias. As an experienced elder-law attorney, Attorney Rosenberg continues to accept conservatorship appointments through the courts at a significantly reduced rate. He believes this is not just an important public service, but a tremendous value to his clients.
Attorney Rosenberg stays up-to-speed through frequent contact with colleagues and as an active participant in the Connecticut Bar Association, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, and New Haven County Bar Association, serving on various committees. He serves on the executive committee and legislation review panel of the Elder Law Section of the CBA, where he reviews laws as they are being considered, offering suggestions, corrections and testimony on them to the state legislature. He writes frequently and gives lectures as a community service on an array of elder law issues. He is admitted to practice in Connecticut & Massachusetts, and as a tax preparer before the IRS.
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Free half-hour phone consultation.
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Estate planning documents and Medicaid planning services are charged as flat fees. Most other matters billed hourly. Small retainer on long-term or labor-intensive matters. Probate estates have flat-fee option through our PROBATE COACH system.
- State of Connecticut Judicial Branch
- ID Number: 430058
- Solo Practitioner
- Law Office of Scott D. Rosenberg
- - Current
- Law Clerk to Hon. John C. Cratsley
- Suffolk Superior Court, Boston MA
- Boston University School of Law
- LL.M. | Tax, Estate Planning
- Degree in Progress
- New England Law | Boston
- J.D. | Civil Litigation, Estate Planning
- Honors: Cum Laude, Top 20%
- Curry College
- B.A. | Sociology, Criminal Justice
- Honors: Class Salutatorian, Magna Cum Laude, Alexander Graham Bell Honor Society, Lambda Pi Eta (Communications Honor Society)
- Excellence in Leadership
- Curry College - Student Activities Staff
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Elder Law Executive Committee
- - Current
- Activities: Elder Law Legislation Review Committee; Estates and Probate Section
- New Haven County Bar Association
- Member; LRS Committee
- - Current
- Anatomy of Harborside v. Witte
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, CT Chapter