Sarah HolmesPhiladelphia Small Business Lawyer LLC
- Business Law, Intellectual Property, Trademarks
I spent six years defending personal injury cases as a litigator in Pennsylvania and New Jersey state and federal courts. My clients were large corporations, big box stores, and business owners who found themselves on the receiving end of a lawsuit.
While my job in a law firm provided an adrenaline rush, I always wanted to be a business owner. I started my first business in my kitchen seven years ago and within a year and a half my products were sold in close to 100 stores across the country. I managed to accomplish that while still working full time in a law firm and with a new baby at home. It was difficult to figure out everything on my own and while I had some great successes, I also had some spectacular failures.
My business ownership experiences allowed me to meet scores of other business owners who started asking me for legal advice. It was those entrepreneurs that inspired me to start my own law practice dedicated to independent business owners. I saw a clear need in the market for a business lawyer that was down to earth, approachable and actually experienced in owning and running a business.
As someone that has owned businesses outside of my law practice, I have a distinct viewpoint and experience level that you won't often find with other business lawyers. I ask my clients tons of questions about business strategy, marketing and what they really want from their business. It is this holistic approach, providing both strategic advice and legal guidance in an approachable way that sets my style apart and has saved my clients tens of thousands of dollars that they've been able to add to their bottom line.
Whether you hire me to draft a contract for your next deal, establish boundaries for a partnership, or register a trademark, I am there every step of the way to make sure your business is protected and on the smart track to growth so you can concentrate on one thing: your bottom line.
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Intellectual Property
- Trademark Litigation, Trademark Registration
- Credit Cards Accepted
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Flat fee services.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- English: Spoken, Written
- Managing Business Attorney
- Holmes Business Law P.C.
- - Current
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology
- J.D. (2005)
- Fastest Growing Company
- What started as an idea to bring recognition to our region has emerged as a new standard – a standard of excellence. The Philadelphia100® is a merit-based program. Only companies that are among the fastest-growing, privately-held companies are awarded the Philadelphia100® designation. The integrity of the process and the resulting list makes the Philadelphia100® one of the most sought awards in the region.
- Pennsylvania State Bar  # 202587