Rob is a Partner at The Collins Law Firm, chairing its Banking & Financial Department. Rob focuses his practice on the representation of financial institutions and corporate clients in commercial banking and real estate litigation and transactions. Rob also serves as special counsel for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. Rob is licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois, Northern District of Illinois, Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court. He has also litigated in the federal and state courts of Virginia, Texas, California, Indiana and Wisconsin. Rob's representative clients include: • MB Financial Bank, N.A. • First Midwest Bank • First National Bank of Brookfield • Heartland Bank and Trust • Metropolitan Bank Group and Archer Bank • Republic Bank • American Heartland Bank • Allied First Bank • Gulf Coast Bank & Trust Company • Edgebrook Bank • FDIC • Hoist Liftruck Mfg., Inc. • Continuum Data Centers, LLC • American Association of Utility Auditors, Inc.
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Appeals & Appellate
- Environmental Law
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Free Consultation
- Division of Banking, Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Supreme Court
- English: Spoken, Written
- The Collins Law Firm, P.C.
- - Current
- Rob’s recent successes include: • Represented lender in documentation of $55 million syndicated credit facility • Represented international company for its $900 million manufacturing contract • Won summary judgment on $10 million claim on behalf of commercial bank • Part of team securing settlement valued in excess of $35 million on behalf of luxury condominium owners, in out-of-state arbitration • Negotiated with Chinese equity group for development of $25 million commercial real estate development in DuPage County • Obtained class certification in $40 million ERISA litigation involving a lender, with co-counsel in United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois • The documentation of over $200 million in restructured credit facilities on behalf of the Firm’s lending clients, facilitating renovation and growth in DuPage County, Cook County, Kane County, and Will County • In representation of borrower, negotiated and documented $8 million credit refinance with out-of-state bank • The dismissal of a lawsuit against bank, in which another lender sought over $1.5 million from the sale of the client’s branch • Defeated a temporary restraining order seeking to freeze more than $500,000 of assets of a manufacturing client, allowing the client to continue operating its facilities • Dismissed case asserting contract, fraud, warranty, and tort claims seeking damages exceeding $875,000, plus attorneys’ fees, from an international manufacturing client • Obtained dismissal, with prejudice, of a shareholder derivative suit seeking $30 million from former bank directors • Dismissed, with prejudice, lawsuit seeking $4 million from former bank director • Dismissed, with prejudice, lawsuit seeking damages in the amount of $3.5 million for breach of fiduciary duty against bank director and officer
- The John Marshall Law School
- Activities: Law Review Member, Council of Higher Education scholarship recipient, Order of John Marshall, Judicial Extern Clerk to the Honorable John K. Madden in Cook County Chancery Court.
- Northeastern Illinois University
- State Bar of Illinois # 6282717
- Robert L. Dawidiuk's Website Profile
- The Collins Law Firm, P.C. Website
- Illinois Personal Injury Lawyer Blog
- What Insurance Covers Pedestrians Hit by a Car?
3 October 2019
- Attorney Shawn Collins’ Statement in Response to the Closing of Sterigenics’ Willowbrook Facility
1 October 2019
- Shawn Collins’ Statement Regarding Illinois EPA’s Decision to Give Sterigenics a Permit
27 September 2019
- Vaping-Related Lung Disease: The Hidden Danger in Your Vape Pen
16 September 2019
- Taking Zantac? FDA to Investigate Carcinogen in Zantac and Generic Versions
14 September 2019
- Have You Tested Your Private Drinking Water Well This Year?
13 September 2019
- It’s Only Natural…or Is It? Taking a Closer Look at “Natural” Cosmetic Products.
11 September 2019
- Do You Hear That? Tinnitus and Hearing Loss: The Unexpected Consequences of Your Airbag Deploying
10 September 2019
- Side Guards Prevent Fatal Accidents: So, Why Aren’t They Mandatory for Trucks?
4 September 2019