Free Consultation: (225) 338-9238Tap to Call This Lawyer
Profile Image Placeholder

Randy Bryan Ligh

  • Personal Injury, Criminal Law, Business Law ...
  • Louisiana, Louisiana
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Attorney Randy Ligh brings an excellent record of effective representation and satisfying results. No matter the issue, he will fight for his clients and ensure that their rights are protected. Previous experience as a former prosecutor and courtroom litigator, Randy Ligh carries an inside knowledge to evaluating and winning cases. As such, Randy Ligh is highly skilled in advocating for his clients and he will carefully analyze his client’s cases to determine the best course of action.

Practice Areas
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    Traffic Tickets
    Suspended License
    Municipal Law
    Civil Rights
    Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Depending on the case and the situation, flat fees, contingent fees and hourly bill is available and considered.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Louisiana State Bar Association
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University
J.D. (1993)
Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University Logo
Louisiana State University - Baton Rouge
B.S. (1990) | Mathematics and English
Louisiana State University - Baton Rouge Logo
Professional Associations
Louisiana State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Roper Ligh LLC
Randy B Ligh, Attorney at Law
Legal Answers
754 Questions Answered
Q. My husband died 3 years ago. I have been paying 3 cc s I changed on since then. Can I stop paying? I’m 71 w no assets
A: More information is needed here. For example, based on your post, are you suggesting that these 3 credit cards are in your deceased hsuband's name only? Anyway, the short version is that if you stop paying then you are exposed to being potentially sued and the question is whether or not they can collect from you. My suggstion is that you set up an appointment/consultation with a lawyer who handles estate planning matters so that you can discuss the pros and cons of opening your husband's probate and/or your own estate planning. Good luck.
Q. Hello, what is the likelihood a male may be granted SPLIT or JOINT custody in Louisiana?
A: All cases are different and depend on the specific facts however the Courts prefer that both parents be involved in the life of the child so based on that, the likelihood of joint custody is high. I am not sure what you mean by SPLIT. If you mean SHARED, then the answer remains the same: the likelihood of SPLIT or JOINT custody is high, but since the terminology in Louisiana is somewhat specific, you should have an attorney representing you in this process to protect your interests as well as to assist you in obtaining what you seek.
Q. Divorced. 50/50 on our children’s expenses, only my ex-spouse turns in reimbursement receipts far beyond her means?
A: Sounds like you have an Order from the Court detailing this arrangement----if you had a lawyer involved wit this then speak to your lawyer about these concerns. If you are no longer represented, then you should consult with a family lawyer in your area---that lawyer will want to see the Order in effect so that he can advise whether or not these things are improper anbd or contradictory to the Order or if the recommendation is to go to Court and have the Order modified. Good luck.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Roper Ligh LLC
10839 Perkins Rd
Baton Rouge, LA 70810
Telephone: (225) 338-9238