After graduating #1 in his law school class, Scott Courrege was admitted to practice law in Louisiana in the Spring of 2018. Scott was born and raised in Bay St. Louis, Mississippi, and graduated from St. Stanislaus High School in 1998. In 2001, Scott was hired as a police officer for the Gulfport Police Department and worked full-time while he completed his B.A. in Criminal Justice at the University of Southern Mississippi.
In 2003, Scott went to work for the United States Border Patrol, where he served as a Senior Patrol Agent on the prestigious San Diego Sector Air Mobile Unit. He later transferred to the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) as a Special Agent in the Phoenix Field Division. In 2008, Scott left government service and directed security operations in the private sector, facilitating the international transfer of high-value assets.
Scott returned to public service in 2009 with the East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office, where he worked in various positions, including the Uniform Patrol Division, the Community Policing Unit, the Special Community Anti-Crime Team, and the Narcotics Division. As a Narcotics Detective Sergeant, Scott was assigned to the Baton Rouge DEA District Office as a federal Task Force Agent, where he conducted several high-level federal investigations, leading to the arrest of individuals throughout the United States.
During his tenure with the sheriff's office, Scott began attending the Southern University Law Center's evening division program. He was a Senior Editor for the Southern University Law Review, which published his article entitled, "Drugged Driving: How the Legalization of Marijuana Has Impaired the Ability of the Louisiana DWI Law." Scott received Cali Awards for Excellence in Legal Writing I, Legal Research, Criminal Law, Legal Writing II, Obligations, Torts I, and Advanced Legal Writing.
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
- English: Spoken, Written
- Dué Guidry Piedrahita Andrews L.C.
- University of Southern Mississippi
- B.A. | Criminal Justice
- Southern University Law Center
- Investigative Achievement
- United States Attorney's Office in the Middle District of Louisiana
- Louisiana State Bar
- DRUGGED DRIVING: HOW THE LEGALIZATION OF MARIJUANA HAS IMPAIRED THE ABILITY OF THE LOUISIANA DWI LAW
- Southern University Law Review
- Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Instructor Certification
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- C. Scott Courrege' Website Profile
- Dué Guidry Piedrahita Andrews L.C. Website
- Louisiana Injury Lawyer Blog
- Dué Guidry Piedrahita Andrews L.C. Lawyers Named to 2020 Best Lawyers® List – Baton Rouge, Louisiana
16 September 2019
- Best Law Firms – Baton Rouge, Louisiana – Best Lawyers®
28 March 2019
- Scott Andrews Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© – 2019
15 September 2018
- Kirk A. Guidry recognized as 2019 Best Lawyers® “Lawyer of the Year” in Baton Rouge area.
27 August 2018
- Louisiana Court of Appeal Reverses Dismissal of Claim for Workers’ Compensation Coverage in Falling Elevator Injury Case
6 August 2018
- Louisiana Court of Appeal Upholds Dismissal of Slip and Fall Case Based on Plaintiff’s Failure to Prove Supermarket Owner had Constructive Notice
26 June 2018
- Louisiana Court of Appeal Upholds Dismissal of Car Accident Case Involving Ambulance Responding to Call
20 June 2018
- Louisiana Court of Appeal Affirms Denial of UM Penalties to Injured Insured in Uninsured Motorist Coverage Dispute
4 June 2018
- Louisiana Court of Appeal Dismisses Civil Claim Brought by Injured Minor Hurt at Work, Based on Workers’ Compensation Exclusivity Rule
21 May 2018