(760) 212-9249Tap to Call This Lawyer
Ramona Rae HallamLaw Offices of Ramona R. Hallam
- Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Insurance Claims ...
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Experienced in DUI, Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Torts, and Civil Law. Our firm does special appearances and writes briefs, motions and other documents for other attorneys. We are proud to be approaching our 12th year in business (as of 2014). Thank you to our wonderful clients and to those of you who have helped us throughout the years.
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- DUI & DWI
- Insurance Claims
- Bad Faith Insurance, Business Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Property Insurance
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Additional Practice Area
- Car Accidents
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
I accept contingency fees on some cases. On hourly cases my rates are reasonable. I accept cash, checks or PayPal.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- English: Spoken, Written
- Law Offices of Ramona R. Hallam
- - Current
- Torts, crimes
- In house counsel; Collections attorney
- Patenaude & Felix, APC
- Collections/ credit card accounts.
- Univ of San Diego
- Undergraduate Degree
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law
- Law Degree
- California State Bar  # 220804
- - Current
- State Bar of California
- - Current
- Law and Social Justice
Websites & Blogs
- Drunk Driving Attorney in San Diego
- Federally Funded Crackdown on DUI through September 6, 2010
August 24, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan in Solitary Confinement for Wailing
July 26, 2010
- Orange County Sheriff Official Charged with DUI
June 5, 2009
18 Questions Answered
- Q. How long can a judge keep a case pending with a motion to dismiss?
- A: Usually a court will give both sides an opportunity to fully brief the issues regarding facts and law and then render a decision. The time it takes will vary from case to case. Termination in a summary procedure is a drastic remedy not favored by the courts without full briefing.
- Q. USING 1ST AMENDMENT AND BEING BARRED FROM THE 11TH AMENDMENT IN A FED. SUIT WHAT OTHER CODE CAN YOU USE AGAINST THEM?
- A: This question is so vague it cannot be answered well. The 1st amendment to the Constitution prohibits any law "respecting an establishment of religion", infringing on freedom of the press, impeding the free exercise of religion, infringing on freedom of speech, interfering with the right to peaceably assembly, or prohibiting petitioning the courts for a governmental redress of grievances. The 11th deals with each state's sovereign immunity from being sued in federal court by someone of another state or country. This amendment was adopted in response to, and in order to overrule, the U.S. Supreme Court's decision in Chisholm v. Georgia, 2 U.S. 419 (1793). How these two fit together in your lawsuit is hard to tell. One can only guess.
- Q. Does your office offer free lawyer services for disabled indivduals? Had papers served and need to file bankruptcy.
- A: If we offer free for disabled individuals, why not for minorities, women, transgender people, illegal aliens, and other disadvantaged groups. Then there is the senior citizen group and the underaged group, not to mention illiterate persons, or the depressed and mentally challenged, autistic, drug addicted, criminally insane... well, the list goes on. Truly, the only class left untouched would be the non-disabled part of the white male group, if there is one, which would mean free services to everyone. Lawyers have challenges also and many cannot make a living if there are entire classes of people they provide free services to. As unfortunate as it is, there are many worthy people who need things and many who would like to give, but cannot afford to. So, my office doesn't.
Contact & Map