Free Consultation: (801) 999-8223Tap to Call This Lawyer
Phillip ShellUtah Worker's Compensation and Social Security Disability Attorney
- Workers' Compensation, Social Security Disability, Bankruptcy ...
Claimed Lawyer ProfileResponsive Law
I have been fighting for Utah injured workers and their families to obtain worker's compensation and Social Security disability benefits for 40 years. I've handled many hundreds of cases and gotten millions of dollars in benefits for my clients.
I know the judges. I know the opposing attorneys. And I know the system. I can usually tell you up-front whether or not you have a good case and what you can hope to recover. Very competitive contingent fees. No money up-front and no fee until your case is resolved.
Some cases can be settled, some must be fought in court, but I will do what it takes to get the best recovery possible for you.
- Workers' Compensation
- Social Security Disability
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Additional Practice Areas
- All types of work injuries. Get permanent total disability (PTD) benefits
- Work related Occupational Diseases - if the job made you ill, call us.
Regardless of the case, no fee for the initial consultation. You should be able to discuss your case and your options without getting billed for that information. If we can help you, we will work out a fair and reasonable fee agreement. Disability cases are always contingent fee, and for less than many attorneys now charge. I work for you.
No money up front. Very competitive contingent fees for worker's comp cases. Flat fee bankruptcy.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Utah State Bar
- Of Counsel
- Atkin and Associates Law Firm
- - Current
- Utah Injury Law Center
- Pearson Butler
- Head of Disability/Workers'Compensation Department
- Day Shell & Liljenquist
- I was a principal partner for many years in my firm. I moved to Pearson Butler in 2019 to bring you better service.
- Brigham Young University
- J.D. (1982)
- Utah Legal Elite
- Utah Business Magazine
- Multiple years
- Utah State Bar  # 03861
- Utah Association for Justice
- Workers Compensation Law and Practice, Utah
- Lorman and others
- I have been a speaker at many legal education seminars throughout my career, teaching other attorneys and legal staff about Utah's workers' compensation system.
Websites & Blogs
- Experienced representation
Contact & Map