Dynamic entrepreneurial business law & litigation attorney representing business entities, owners and others in business law matters and in the litigation of business disputes. As a business owner of various ventures, and having a JD/MBA background, Philip formed Meyer Law Firm with a single focus on servicing the unique legal needs of Small Business clients. Years later, his office continues to be one of the few with such focus on Small Business.
AREAS OF LAW INCLUDE (1) Business Law (2) Contracts (3) LLC & Corporations; (4) Evictions/Leasing - representing Landlords & Property Management companies ; (5) US-Canada Cross Border Business; (6) Litigation; (7) Vehicle/Traffic/; (8) Town Law & municipal issues and (9) Other
(1)Former Deputy Town Attorney and Town Prosecutor for The Town of Amherst, NY - Appointed by the Amherst Town Board, he served two consecutive terms providing legal counsel to the Town, its various departments and the Town Board. He also served as the Town Prosecutor in Amherst Town Court, prosecuting the vehicle, traffic, housing and building code violations.
(2) Williamsville Central School District, Board of Education - Elected in 2017, Philip serves as a Member of the Board of Education, overseeing a budget of $190.8 million and 9,967 K-12 students in 13 schools.
(3) Amherst Industrial Development Agency (AIDA), Board of Directors -- Philip Meyer serves as a Member of the Board of Directors of the Amherst IDA. Its mission is to promote economic diversity, quality employment opportunities and to broaden the tax base of the Town of Amherst and Village of Williamsville in order to reduce the tax burden on homeowners while helping to maintain and enhance a high quality living environment.
(4) Open Government Committee, Town of Amherst - Appointed in 2018, Philip Meyer serves as a Member and Chairman of the Open Government Committee, which advises the Town on ways to increase its transparency.
- Business Law
- Traffic Tickets
- Landlord Tenant
- Credit Cards Accepted
- New York
- New York State Office of Court Administration
- ID Number: 5008420
- Clarkson University
- MBA | Business Administration/Management
- Formerly known as "Union Graduate College", Schenectady NY
- Albany Law School
- J.D. | Law
- State University of New York - Buffalo
- B.S. | Political Science and History
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Meyer Law Firm Website / Homepage