Jessica B. SmithHoganWillig, PLLC
- Real Estate Law, Landlord Tenant, Foreclosure Defense
- Florida, New York
Jessica B. Smith is an Associate Attorney in the firm’s Real Estate Law Department; assisting buyers and sellers through the closing process. Ms. Smith also handles post-closing issues, property tax challenges and landlord-tenant issues.
Ms. Smith obtained her B.A. in Government from Saint Lawrence University, and received her Juris Doctor in 2013 from Barry University School of Law in Orlando, FL. Ms. Smith is admitted to practice law in both New York & Florida.
Before joining HoganWillig, Ms. Smith provided legal advocacy to clients facing eviction, assisted clients to obtain and retain housing subsidies and representing clients in public and subsidized housing matters. Ms. Smith also formerly acted as a liaison between the IRS Criminal Investigation field offices and the Treasury Executive Office for Asset Forfeiture.
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Landlord Tenant
- Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
- Foreclosure Defense
- Property Tax Challenges
- Credit Cards Accepted
- New York
- English: Spoken, Written
- HoganWillig, PLLC
- - Current
- Neighborhood Legal Services
- Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law
- J.D. (2013)
- Erie County Bar Association
- State Bar of New York  # 5472246
- President Council Appointment
- Bison Scholarship Fund
- HoganWillig Blog
- Can I be Liable for the Things I Say on Social Media?
July 19, 2022
- Spring Real Estate Market Tips
May 23, 2022
- Selecting a Business Entity
June 22, 2021