Profile Image Placeholder

Philip Allan Logan Esq

Katzman Logan Halper & Bennett Co., LPA
  • Divorce, Family Law, Estate Planning...
  • Ohio
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Mr. Logan was admitted to practice before all Ohio and federal courts including the Ohio State Supreme Court, U.S. District Court, U.S. Court of Appeals, and U.S. Supreme Court. He concentrates his practice primarily in civil trial litigation, especially in personal injury, products liability and family law.

He is a member of the Cincinnati Bar Association and serves on committees including Arbitration, Domestic Relations, and Negligence Law.

Mr. Logan is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association, where he serves on the Negligence Law Committee and Family Law Committee. On the Legislative Drafting Sub-Committee he helped author Ohio's property division and spousal support statute. He is also qualified to represent clients in collaborative divorce proceedings.

Mr. Logan is an active member of the Ohio and American Academy of Trial Lawyers. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Business from Indiana University and his Juris Doctorate from the University of Cincinnati College of Law in 1972. He founded the firm in Blue Ash in 1976.

In 1995, Mr. Logan successfully argued before the Supreme Court of Ohio the case of Brandenburg vs. Motorist Mutual Insurance Co., which changed Ohio law to provide relief to consumers who find themselves fighting their own insurance companies.

Mr. Logan has been peer review rated by Martindale-Hubbell as "AV". Peer review rankings define an AV rating as a significant accomplishment, a testament that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence. A lawyer must be admitted to the bar for 10 years or more to receive an AV.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Probate
  • Personal Injury
  • Insurance Claims
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Fees are determined by the type of matter being handled, which can be breifly discussed on the phone.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Managing Partner
Katzman Logan Halper & Bennett Co., LPA
- Current
Logan & Halperm, Attorneys
Kondritzer Gold & Frank Attorneys
Handled all trial litigation for firm.
Municiipal Court Prosecutor
Cincinnati of Cincinnati
University of Cincinnati College of Law
J.D. (1972) | Jurisdoctorate in Law
Placeholder image for education.
Indiana University - Indiana University-Bloomington
B.S. | Business/Accounting
Honors: Deans list, multiple times
Indiana University - Indiana University-Bloomington Logo
Professional Associations
Ohio Assoc. Justice fka Ohio Assoc. of Trial Lawyers
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Cincinnati Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Ohio State Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
10 Questions Answered

Q. Husband changed the locks and refuses to allow me to enter, belongings have not been divided and two children involved
A: Probably, unless there is a court protection order or he has been given exclusive occupancy by the courts. Are you going through a divorce, then discuss with your attorney. If you go there, take a policeman with you. Hire an attorney if you dont have one.
Q. How do I turn in my husband for bigamy and can I sue him in the divorce?
A: You can obtain a divorce in Ohio on several grounds. You dont need to prove bigamy. If you want him arrested is up to you, but you should hire an Ohio attorney to get your divorce moving.
Q. I have to fill out an affidavit of income for my dissalusion but I have no income. How am I supposed to prove that?
A: The forms are required, simple indicate that you are unemployed and received no wages. There may be aplace on the forms to list other forms of income such as unemployment, SS disability, etc.
Q. how can I keep my house in a divorce?
A: This is what courts are for if you and he cant agree. Usually the court would allow a mother with minor children to reside in the home and give her 3-5 to refinance or pay her ex his half of the equity. You need to hire and discuss this with an attorney.
Q. I want to get a divorce from my wife we have no kids no marital assets and been separated for almost two years
A: What you didnt say in your question is how long youve been married and lived together. You could stillhave marital assests to divide such a retirment benefits. Unless youve only been married a very short time, I always recommend people spend the money and hire an attorney and do it right. If you dont, you never know what you could be giving up or what your rights really are.
Q. I have a couple of questions about getting a divorce. Bo I have not filed yet. I do not want anything from him.
A: You may be able to obtain a quick dissolution, but that will still take at least 45 days and require his complete cooperation. Most attorneys could handle you case with a low fee, but we cant always control how the other side reacts. People can fight over anything. You need to consult with a local attorney.
Q. My ex filed to terminate spousal support, I'm trying to find out if there is a way to keep the original agreement.
A: At the very least you should have a face to face conference with an attorney. You should be able to find someone to do it for a nominal expense. You appear to be cohabitiatin and should have expected this to happeen. You are sharing overhead and living expenses, but I'd have to read your decree to see how this would effect you. Beacause your on disability it might make a difference, you might try and have it reduced instead of terminated. The court can grant the motion effective the date it was filed which means that not only could it go into immediate effect, it could be retroactive. Because your in the first year of a 4 year agreement, it should be wothwhile in hiring an attorney to fight this for you.
Q. I own property acquired before my marriage -thus separate property. What do I put on separation agreement?
A: As to the choices your given, I'd pick #2, but you need to specifiy that it is premarital and separate property belonging to one of you. "Filling in the blanks" is not the best way of drafting a complete and thorough separation agreement. You really should retain an attorney to represent you or at the very least draft it for you.
Q. Ex showed statement for lesser amount because he failed to say he took $34K from 401K / IRA during divorce. What to d
A: He should have disclosed all assets. You might have a claim. Bring this to the attention of your attorney to determine if you need to repopen case or try to negotiate a better result.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Katzman Logan Halper & Bennett
9000 Plainfield Rd
Suite B
Cincinnati, OH 45236
Telephone: (513) 793-4400
Fax: (513) 793-4691