Free Consultation: (615) 490-6020Tap to Call This Lawyer
Paul E. Tennison

Paul E. Tennison

Cole Law Group, PC
  • Military Law, Family Law, Divorce...
  • Tennessee
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AGoldSocial MediaResponsive Law

Paul E. Tennison has significant experience in the U.S. Army and international experience. Paul's legal background affords him unique inside into many issues confronting his clients. Paul represents clients in a broad range of complex legal matters. Paul has experience working in cases involving military law, defamation, intellectual property, family law,contested divorces, business disputes, wills, trusts, and probate.

Paul's extensive military experience includes four years at West Point, five years on Active Duty in Korea and Germany and four years as an officer in the Tennessee Army National Guard. Paul honed his attention to detail and leadership skills during exercises overseas in highly stressful training environments as a Field Artillery officer. Providing accurate lethal fires on the battlefield is a difficult mission. Paul brings these same attention to detail and problem-solving skills he honed in the U.S. Army to his work with clients. Paul is currently in command of a Field Artillery Battery in Sparta, Tennessee.

Paul takes great pride in acheiving every challenging goal he sets for himself as evident by his successful completion of West Point, distinguished service in the US Army, success at Vanderbilt Law School, and continued drive to learn more about the world and how to serve his client’s. Paul enjoys challenging physical activity. Paul was a three sport athlete in high school and has continued to enjoy sports and fitness. Recently, Paul has completed a 100KM bike ride, Olympic distance triathlon, marathon, and is currently a bodybuilder and member of the 1,000 lb club. Paul brings the same tenacity to the court room in pursuit of vigorous representation of each of his clients.

Paul is an accredited attorney for the preparation, presentation, and prosecution of claims for veterans' benefits before the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).

Practice Areas
  • Military Law
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Estate Planning
  • Intellectual Property
  • Health Care Law
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Probate
  • Employment Law
  • Immigration Law
  • Business Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Defamation
  • Free Consultation
    Free consultations available on case by case basis.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English
Professional Experience
Cole Law Group, PC
- Current
Law Clerk 2016-2018
Tennessee Army National Guard
- Current
Commander C BTRY, RFS, 278 2018-Present; TitleProgram Manager (Logistics) 2015-2018
Product Advocate
Bloomberg Law
Program Manager (Fire Direction)
U. S. Army
U.S. Army
Human Resources Manager 2013-2014; Element Executive 2012-2013; Project Manager (Fire Support) 2010-2012
Vanderbilt University Law School
United States Military Academy
Professional Associations
Nashville Bar Association
- Current
American Bar Association
- Current
National Guard Association of Tennessee
- Current
Accredited Attorney for the Preparation, Presentation, and Prosecution of Claims for Veterans' Benefits
Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
Legal Answers
42 Questions Answered

Q. Are there any rules regarding what documents a private employer is required to give a former employee?
A: Yes, in Tennessee, an employer should give an employee a separation notice when the employee no longer works for the employer. Find the TN DOL website and you can read more about those issues. Good luck.
Q. is a new development liable for damage they cause to my property? flooding from raised elevation?
A: Depending on more facts, yes they could be. I recommend you consult with an experienced construction law attorney to determine what your legal options are in this situation. Good luck.
Q. Can you tell me if at residential property we are living needs to supply the residents with adequate parking?
A: No, to my knowledge there is no law that would require residential properties to provide any certain amount of parking spaces. For example, many large cities in the US do not have any parking included in the residential leases. Yet, even without a legal requirement for them to provide the parking, you could send a letter to them explaining your husband's disability and explaining that he cannot walk that far. If that does not work, you may want to consult with an attorney. Good luck.
Q. As of 6/29/19 I will be a resident of TN for 6 months and need to have my custody case transferred.
A: From that description, you have a significant number of potential legal issues. I recommend you consult with a local family law attorney. You would need to transfer the case to Tennessee before you could file for contempt. Your easier route for the contempt action could be filing for contempt in the previous state, which I assume is Texas from the facts provided. This is a complicated situation, in my assessment, it would be worth considering the pros and cons of different possibilities then working with a family law attorney to take calculated actions to secure you the relief that you desire.
Q. Can a convicted felon, who is married to a retired veteran, live in off-base military housing open to the public?
A: Yes, unless there is a specific law that would prohibit such conduct. I am unaware of a law that limits who may live in off-base military housing. This may be an issue where the rules and regulations set by the post commander may apply.
Q. Should I report someone directly to immigration for the citizenship fraud or hire an attorney to that for me?
A: You may consult with an attorney to discuss. Citizens have the right to report suspected criminal behavior to law enforcement and allow law enforcement to investigate. I am unaware of any law that would require you to report that individual at this time, so such a decision of whether and how to report to law enforcement is likely your personal choice. An attorney could help you determine who the appropriate law enforcement agency is to contact and could write a letter on your behalf that would accomplish this if the attorney agrees to do that.
Q. What is the penalty for someone (green card holder) deliberately creating a false asylum application for their relative?
A: This is a public forum, it is not confidential. I recommend you consult with an attorney about this in person. Obviously it is not good. You are stating that someone has engaged in fraud against the government. If discovered that person could be prosecuted and it may affect the immigration status of the individual that engaged in fraud.
Q. Our property restricts mobile homes & trailers, can we put up a modular home?
A: Most likely yes, the restrictions would still apply. However to be able to more definitively answer this question, an attorney would need to read the legal documents that this restriction is found in. Therefore, I recommend you consult with an experienced real estate attorney and bring all applicable legal documents to the consultation for an opinion and recommendation. Good luck!
Q. I have Medicaid and Aetna. I delivered my baby over a year and half ago and they will not process the claim.
A: You may want to consult with an attorney. This could be a case that could be solved by sending a demand letter to Aetna explaining the facts and your position that they should cover you. If that does not work you may have to litigate the issue. I recommend you bring all the relevant documents and consult with at least one attorney and get them to give you a recommended solution. Good luck.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Cole Law Group, PC
750 Old Hickory Blvd
Building Two #202
Brentwood, TN 37027
Telephone: (615) 490-6020
Fax: (615) 942-5914