Free Consultation: (870) 364-2213Tap to Call This Lawyer
Patrick R. Lee

Patrick R. Lee

Wilson & Haubert, PLLC
  • Real Estate Law, Family Law, Business Law...
  • Arkansas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Patrick is a native Arkansan, having grown up in Little Rock. He graduated from Little Rock Central High School and served as co-captain of the debate squad his senior year. Go Tigers! He graduated from the William H. Bowen School of Law after receiving his Bachelors degree in Sociology from Hendrix College in Conway.

Patrick started out with the Little Rock firm Wilson & Haubert, PLLC in 2017 and worked there while finishing up his law degree and licensure.

In early 2019, Patrick moved with his wife to her hometown of Crossett, Arkansas to be closer to family and to take a position with the respected Crossett law firm of Streetman & Gibson, which has served Southeast Arkansas for more than 50 years. Patrick's practice focuses on family law, probate, estate planning, criminal defense, and civil litigation.

Patrick lives in South Crossett with his wife Liz, also a soon-to-be attorney, and their children: Nora, Margot, and Eli.

Practice Areas
  • Real Estate Law
  • Family Law
  • Business Law
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Estate Planning
  • Probate
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Associate Attorney
Streetman & Gibson, PLLC
- Current
Wilson & Haubert, PLLC
- Current
Law Clerk
Pulaski County Circuit Court
I researched legal issues for a circuit judge in Pulaski County and assisted in the judge's decision-making process and opinion writing.
William H. Bowen School of Law
J.D. (2018) | Law
Hendrix College
B.A. (2011) | Sociology
Professional Associations
State Bar of Arkansas
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
49 Questions Answered

Q. I am custodial parent of my 6 yr old son . My question is I don’t want the father on the school pickup list .
A: Are you married to the child's father? The answer to your question depends on whether the man currently has any parental rights. If you have a good reason for not wanting your child to be picked up by his father (for example, you have reason to believe he may be abusive or may remove the child from the jurisdiction) then you may be able to petition the court for an order restricting his access to the child and commanding the school not to allow the father to pick your son up. You should consult an attorney to review the specific facts of your case to determine what your options are.
Q. I have recently got sole custody of my son can I change his name with out the mothers permission?
A: You'll still need to notify her unless her parental rights were terminated. Unless you got "sole custody" through a DHS proceeding, her rights have probably not been terminated. Even if you did, it needs to state in the most recent custody order that her parental rights were terminated. Otherwise, the court will likely want you to at least give notice to the mother and give her an opportunity to object to the change of your son's name.
Q. If your are married and both spouses own everything and one dies does everything automatically go to the other spouse if
A: It depends on whether the deceased spouse had any children. It also depends on how each piece of property is titled. Real estate may be titled such that it passes automatically to the survivor. Bank accounts may have payable on death beneficiaries. You probably need to consult with an attorney to determine the best course of action in your particular situation.
Q. How does next of kin work with a child when both parents die
A: If both a child's parents pass away, someone who is related to the child may petition a court to appoint the relative as the child's guardian. If you know someone in this situation, they may need to seek counsel from a lawyer about filing a guardianship petition in Arkansas, if that's where the child lives.
Q. Can a landlord enter my unit and remove my property, if the property is not prohibited by the lease or state law?
A: What property did this landlord remove? A lot more information is needed to answer this question.
Q. Can I file an emergency custody order while being married? He resides in Tennessee and my daughter and I reside inArkan
A: It sounds like you need to get divorced and get a custody/support order in place. There are some potential issues with jurisdiction because she spends what looks like equal time in both states, but regardless, this is an issue you probably need to get in front of an attorney to figure out how to handle.
Q. If my act of self defense against aphysically aggressive trespasser results in significant injuries, did i assault them?
A: It all depends on the circumstances. If the "physically aggressive trespasser" was using or about to use force that could have caused significant injury to you, you are allowed to defend yourself with about an equal amount of force. For instance, say someone is only being verbally abusive, you can't shoot them to defend yourself unless you feel like they're about to use deadly force against you. To answer your question, we'd have to know what it means that they were being "physically aggressive." You probably want to talk to a lawyer if you're being charged with a crime.
Q. 25yr old male and 24yo female. Almost 3yr old male child. Respondents are married, resides on paternal 100+ acres
A: In Arkansas, there is a law that allows grandparents who have spent substantial amounts of time with a child to file for "grandparent visitation." Since the paternal grandfather has spent so much time with the child, it is very possible he may qualify to petition for grandparent visitation which could be greater than what the biological father is entitled to. I would have to look at the court filings you're talking about. It sounds like the child's maternal grandmother has filed for guardianship, but not totally sure.
Q. I was told Arkansas has a law called “year and a day” when it comes to child custody.
A: This question is a little confusing, but I think you're referring to the definition of abandonment in the family law section of the Arkansas Code (Title 9). The law is that if a parent significantly fails without good reason to communicate with a child or pay support for the child for over a year, that person is deemed to have abandoned the child. That doesn't mean his rights are automatically terminated at "a year and a day." For example, if a father doesn't see his kids or pay child support for over a year and the mother is remarried, the stepfather could petition for adoption and the biological father's consent wouldn't be needed for the adoption to go through. In that case, the adoption would sever the rights of the biological father, but it's not automatic. If you are in a similar situation, it would be wise to consult with an attorney about your options.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Streetman & Gibson, PLLC
302 Main Street
Crossett, AR 71635
Telephone: (870) 364-2213