I graduated from McGeorge School of Law in 1988 and moved to Nevada to work for the criminal defense firm of Goodman, Stein and Chesnoff. While at the Goodman firm, I was responsible for preparing all motions for clients who were assigned to me by each of the partners. This gave me significant experience in researching and preparing motions in Nevada state cases and in federal cases where the clients were usually charged with committing major drug crimes such as Continuing Criminal Enterprise, RICO and Conspiracy to Distribute Controlled Sentences in Los Angeles, California, San Diego, California and Oklahoma.
I left the Goodman firm after two years and opened my own office. I have litigated every criminal offense from trespassing to capital murder in the Nevada state court. I have litigated every criminal offense in the federal district court of Nevada from bank, mail and wire fraud, drug and weapons related offenses to capital murder.
I have also successfully helped persons with parole eligibility hearings in Nevada and I have successfully challenged criminal convictions thru state post conviction litigation.
My present practice is primarily focused on trials, appeals and post conviction challenges in the state court of Nevada. However, I am available to litigate federal criminal cases.
- Criminal Law
- White Collar Crime
- Appeals & Appellate
- Juvenile Law
- Drug Possession
- Violent Crimes from Battery Domestic Violence to Murder
- Parole and Pardons
- Nevada Post Conviction
- Law Office of Patricia M. Erickson
- - Current
- This is my office and I only litigate criminal defense cases in all of the courts in the state of Nevada. I engage in trials, appeals and state post conviction cases. I research and prepare all of the motions and other pleadings necessary to effectively represent each client. I represent clients who may be charged with misdemeanors such as battery domestic violence. I also represent people charged with committing felonies such as possession of drugs to murder.
- Associate Attorney
- Goodman, Stein & Chesnoff
- The firm only litigated criminal defense cases. I reviewed the evidence underlying the crimes charged, researched and prepared motions and other pleadings and attended state and federal courts.
- McGeorge School of Law
- J.D. (1988) | Law
- Honors: Moot Court Honors Board
- Activities: Participation in trial advocacy program
- Mills College
- B.A. (1979) | History and Sociology
- Honors: Honors at Entrance
- Activities: Coxswain of crew team
- Nevada State Bar # 3506
- - Current