Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Consumer Law
- Class Action, Lemon Law
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
Additional Practice Areas
For personal injury cases only. All costs advanced by client.
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Hourly fee charged against advance retainer required for all cases except personal injury. All costs advanced by client.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- 9th Circuit
- Sole Practitioner
- Law Office of Norma Ann Dawson, Long Beach, California
- - Current
- Provide general corporate, business and litigation services, with substantial emphasis on employment/ labor, contract, banking, commercial and residential real estate, property damage, personal injury law, simple wills and revocable living trusts. Maintain a minor criminal law practice in the areas of first offense drug possession and drunk driving.
- Associate Attorney
- Stone & Hiles, Beverly Hills, California
- Coordinated state court probate and plaintiff and defense personal injury, product liability, wrongful termination, contract and commercial real estate litigation. Drafted complaints, cross-complaints, answers, motions to strike, demurrers, summary judgment motions, etc. Developed discovery plans and drafted necessary pleadings and related motions. Made ex parte and noticed motion appearances. Took and defended party and expert depositions. Made arbitration appearances. Assisted senior partners in trial preparation. Drafted commercial real estate and corporate/business documents.
- Associate Attorney
- Mathon & Rosensweig, Beverly Hills, California
- Provided day-to-day counsel to producers and carriers in credit life and disability and vehicle service contract industries. Coordinated regulatory dispute resolution. Drafted necessary pleadings for state and federal civil litigation and made necessary appearances. Defended and took depositions. Wrote and/or negotiated commercial real estate and corporate/business contracts. Prepared corporate formation, dissolution, merger and acquisition, and annual and special meeting documentation.
- Staff Compliance Attorney
- PennCorp Financial, Inc., Santa Monica, California
- Staff compliance attorney. Rendered day-to-day counsel to operational departments of financial services/insurance holding company. Wrote and/or negotiated commercial leases, contracts, service agreements. Coordinated regulatory and business matters with outside counsel. Developed and directed company licensing expansion. Drafted in-house manuals. Analyzed and designed company sales and recruiting materials. Prepared corporate formation and annual and special meeting documentation.
- University of Michigan Law School
- J.D. | Law
- Pennsylvania State University - University Park
- B.A. | Political Science
- Honors: Outstanding Senior - 1971
- Activities: Undergraduate Student Government - Elections Commissioner (1969-1971); Pi Lamda Phi little sister
- California State Bar  # 87111
- - Current
- Real Estate Broker
- California Department of Real Estate
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map