Nikitas "Nick" Moustakas is a founding member and current managing member of the firm. His practice focuses on corporate and business counseling, trademark application, outside general counsel, information technology, healthcare, employment, and other transactional business representation, for clients ranging from individuals and start ups to publicly traded institutions. Mr. Moustakas also regularly assists clients in locating and securing financing and partners and otherwise negotiating and bringing deals to the closing table.
His experience representing corporate, business, and individual clients includes guidance with contract preparation, review, and negotiation, business transactional law, and real estate/business acquisitions and sales, as well as corporate entity selection, operating agreements, buy-sell agreements, employee and labor matters, trademark matters and assistance with succession planning. Mr. Moustakas also has extensive experience representing community and homeowners associations.
Prior to embarking on his legal career, for almost two decades Mr. Moustakas owned and operated a successful restaurant in Philadelphia. The extensive business and customer service experience that he cultivated as a restaurateur provides him with an acute understanding of the operations, risks, and benefits of small businesses and being a business owner in the Philadelphia region. This experience, coupled with his legal knowledge, allows Mr. Moustakas to more effectively represent his clients.
Mr. Moustakas also frequently speaks at seminars regarding healthcare, corporate law, and succession planning, and has spoken at Temple University, Cooper University Hospital, and Hermes Expo International, among other venues.
Mr. Moustakas is a resident of Mount Laurel, New Jersey. Outside of law, Mr. Moustakas enjoys spending time with his wife and three daughters, swimming and fishing in Brigantine, and Greek-American activities and festivals.
- Business Law
- Health Care Law
- Real Estate Law
- Communications & Internet Law
- Credit Cards Accepted
- New Jersey
- English: Spoken, Written
- Greek: Spoken, Written
- Seton Hall University School of Law
- U.S. Healthcare Compliance Certification Program (2015)
- Villanova University School of Law
- LL.M. (2002) | Taxation
- New England Law | Boston
- J.D. (2000)
- Philadelphia University
- MBA (1996)
- Temple University
- B.S. (1991)
- American Hellenic Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar # 015192001
- - Current
- Moustakas Nelson LLC - Website
- Moustakas Nelson LLC
- Your Employees Need to Sign the Employee Handbook
1 October 2019
- Beware of Ransomware (a/k/a what is ransomware?!)
9 June 2019
- Financial Advisors in NJ to Join the Fiduciary Club (where us lawyers, trustees, and corporate directors hang out)
17 April 2019
- Restricting Restrictive Covenants – New Jersey’s Current and Potential Future State of Law
5 February 2019
- Protecting Goodwill and Intellectual Property - A Primer on Trademarks, Copyrights, and Trade Secrets
5 March 2018
- Blockchain in Healthcare - Technological Marvel, Regulatory Nightmare
15 January 2018
- Forming a Start-up with Partners? (be sure to have a written agreement in place)
7 November 2017
- Doctors Inc. - Can a Corporation Practice Medicine?
4 September 2017
- Is the Company's General Counsel Your Personal Lawyer?
22 August 2017