Free Consultation: (909) 381-2771Tap to Call This Lawyer
Nancy J. Wallace

Nancy J. Wallace

Real Workers Comp Help: Nancy Wallace, Attorney at Law
  • Workers' Compensation
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Nancy has more than 30 years of experience in workers comp in the Inland Empire, starting as a law clerk defending Comp Insurance Companies, watching insurance companies refuse help people seriously hurt at work. In 1994, she left defense to represent only injured workers. Nancy knows what it is to be injured and trying to work and support a family. In the Inland Empire 30 years, Nancy knows which physicians and facilities truly help injured workers (and which ones just give lip service but no help). Nancy answers questions for workers throughout the state on,, and on her website:

Practice Area
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
    YOU don't ever write me a check; the Judge orders the insurer to pay me after I help you get paid on your claim.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Workers Comp fees are just 15%, NOT 40% like personal injury attorneys. NO FEE IS PAID UNTIL YOUR CLAIM CLOSES. [You never pay the fee directly...the insurer pays a part of your award to the attorney, per the judge's order.]
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Spanish: Written
  • Tagalog: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Nancy Wallace, Attorney at Law
- Current
Represented Injured Workers and Physicians and Diagnostic Facilities before the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board.
Judge Pro Tem, Small Claims Court
County of San Bernardino Superior Court
Small Claims Court matters
Kegel Tobin & Truce
Defended Travelers, School Districts in Workers' Compensation actions across Calif.
Mark & Bolson
Workers' Compensation defense for The Hartford, Farmers, County of Riverside, County of San Bernardino, San Bernardino City School District.
Parker & Dally
Workers Compensation Defense PLUS Estate Planning
Western State College of Law at Argosy University
J.D. | Law
Honors: American Jurisprudence Award, Criminal Procedure; Editor, The Dictum (Student newspaper); Honors Moot Court
Activities: Women's Law Association; Latino Student Bar Assoc.
Western State College of Law at Argosy University Logo
Three Best Rated San BErnardino Employment Lawyers
Honored as one of the best 3 Employment Law attorneys in the San Bernardino Valley.
Top Contributor Award
Found to be a Top Contributor by peers on Avvo for outstanding answers to Workers Compensation questions
Client's Choice Award
Clients' Favorite Workers Compensation attorney for 2012
Professional Associations
San Bernardino County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Lawyers of Distinction
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Calif. Applicants' Attorneys assoc.
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Bar Assoc.
- Current
Activities: Law Day
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Workers Comp: Welcome to Outer Space , Law Day , Anaheim
Handel on the Law
A talk on the new regulations for securing medications and treatment under the current workers comp laws, and why adjusters get to deny medication and doctor visits and how to fix that.
Lawyers of Distinction
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
268 Questions Answered

Q. QME form
A: The Labor Code FORCES the adjuster to authorize the QME to see you. So this phoning around is 110% waste. You don't need to involve any adjuster anyway. You just mail the completed QME REQUEST FORM to the Medical Unit in Oakland, the po box is posted right on page 2 of the form. If you have completedly the form properly, the Medical Unit in Oakland mails you a list of 3 doctors in the specialty you chose. THERE IS A VERY GOOD CHANCE YOU WILL GET 3 HORRIBLE DOCTORS, doctors 'in bed' with the insurance companies, on your list. If you choose without professional help, the QME doctor will give you ZERO too. If you let the adjuster pick the QME from the list, you will get a zero. It's really sad, but your entire case comes down to picking a real doctor from the list. Are you capable of researching the 3 doctors in 9 days before picking on the 10th day? If not, an experienced lawyer needs to pick for you. If you pick and cross your fingers and hope it works out, the attorney can't fix two zeros for you later.
Q. workers comp- Cant get hold of my adjuster and his supervisor but apparently the case has been closed
A: First, your case is plenty 'ripe', scrap that lawyer and get a real lawyer, who needs to rush you far, FAR AWAY from concentra hacks. Next, adjusters blow off people on the phone. Concentra doctors routinely write that patient fully recovered with zero permanent disability and zero need for any future medical treatment, so there is no settlement because zero is due to you. IF You Cannot write that you need a real doctor and real treatment disability, hire the attorney who can.
Q. Do I HAVE to release my medical records for my worker's comp claim?
A: You do not have to release the records, BUT the insurer can decide to deny the claim for failure to participate fully in discovery. It shouldn't be permitted but it is. When you ask Workers Comp insurance to pay benefits for treatment and disability, the insurer is entitled to see if you hurt that body section before or hurt it elsewhere. So if your claim is denied for failure to participate in discovery, then you have to go to a Qualified Medical Evaluator who wants to see ALL of your medical records for a complete medical history. You can exclude any records that pertain to mental health care, HIV/AIDS tests/treatment, substance abuse treatment. The good news is most health care providers don't look very hard for records and deliver 'certificate of no records' when they don't find anything spelled exactly as it is on the records subpena.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Grand Terrace Professional Plaza
22365 Barton Road Suite 202
Grand Terrace, CA 92313
Telephone: (909) 381-2771
Fax: (909) 381-2791
Monday: 9:30 AM - 7:30 PM (Today)
Tuesday: 9:30 AM - 7:30 PM
Wednesday: 9:30 AM - 7:30 PM
Thursday: 9:30 AM - 7:30 PM
Friday: 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Saturday: 12 PM - 4 PM
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Weekends and evenings by appointment. Telephone conferences 7 days/week. First consult is free.
San Bernardino Mountains
PO Bx 2389
Lake Gregory, CA 92325
Telephone: (909) 381-2771
Fax: (909) 381-2791
Monday: 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM (Today)
Tuesday: 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Wednesday: 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Thursday: 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Friday: 4:30 PM - 8 PM
Saturday: 4:30 PM - 7 PM
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Weekends and evenings by appointment. I can meet you at Higher Grounds Coffee in Crestline, and Starbucks inside Jensens in Blue jay. Your first consultation is free.