Naja Burroughs

Naja Burroughs

Madison Law, PLLC
  • Family Law, Divorce
  • Georgia
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I help people with the following types of cases:

• Divorces (with and without children),
• Modifications of prior court orders,
• Contempt actions (when a party is not following a court’s order),
• Father’s rights (legitimations, visitation rights, custody, and child
• Grandparent visitation, and
• TPOs (Temporary Protective Orders).

I listen to my clients and work towards making their wishes a reality. I am also honest with my clients so that they can understand the possible and likely outcomes for their matters.

I enjoy being able to help people to help resolve sensitive family issues with compassion and without judgment. I work to resolve matters as efficiently as possible because I understand how important it is to have peace in our lives.

Please feel free to contact me to see to discuss your issue and determine if we are a good fit to work together to get your family law issue resolved.

Practice Areas
    Family Law
    Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Paternity, Same Sex Family Law
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Call for details
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of Georgia
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
Madison Law, PLLC
- Current
Associate Attorney
Family Matters Law Group
Associate Attorney
Kenny Leigh & Associates
Legal Assistant
King Wade, PLLC
Laboratory Technician
Yerkes Primate Center
Medical Laboratory Specialist
US Army
Atlanta's John Marshall Law School
J.D. (2019) | Law
Atlanta's John Marshall Law School Logo
The George Washington University
Certificate (2009) | Health Sciences
Placeholder image for education.
Mercer University
B.A. (2008) | Political Science
Mercer University Logo
Professional Associations
State Bar of Georgia
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Madison Law Website
Naja Burroughs Firm Profile
Madison Law Blog
Legal Answers
3 Questions Answered
Q. How do I file for an uncontested divorce in Screven county georgia?
A: You will need to file everything in the office of the Clerk of Superior Court for your county.
Q. My Ex (NCP) has not paid child support in 60 days. Do i need a lawyer to file contempt of court?
A: Whether you "need" a lawyer to file a contempt action is a matter of opinion and likely depends on the facts of your case. You do not have to have a lawyer to file a contempt action, however. Cobb County Superior Court's web page has a link to Forms that a pro se litigant (a person proceeding in a court action without an attorney) can fill out and file for him/herself. There is a disclaimer provided on the Superior Court's website, however, that states that you are using the forms at your own risk and that it is recommended to that you seek legal advice.
Q. Can a father take a mother to court for visitation rights. When the father is backup on child support,
A: Although it's frustrating to not receive regular, dependable financial support for your child, the courts do not condition visitation upon payment of child support. This means that a parent can regularly fail to help support his/her child, yet still be entitled to spend time with that child. This is because courts often find that it is in a child's best interest to spend time and develop a relationship with each of his/her parents.

So, to be clear: yes, a father can take a mother to court for visitation rights. I just want to add that because you were never married, he would need to be legitimated by the court at either the same time that he gets his visitation rights or befor e. ... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Madison Law, PLLC
Atlanta, GA Office
6600 Sugarloaf Pkwy
Suite 400 #221
Duluth, GA 30097
Telephone: (678) 632-1191
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Madison Law, PLLC
North Carolina Office
8936 Northpointe Executive Park Drive
Suite 240-260
Huntersville, NC 28078
Telephone: (678) 632-1191
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed