Free Consultation: (540) 985-0098Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mrs Lauren Morgan Ellerman

Mrs Lauren Morgan Ellerman

Frith & Ellerman Law Firm
  • Medical Malpractice, Business Law, Personal Injury ...
  • Virginia
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Married, mother, Roanoke resident and Northern Virginia native.

Practice Areas
    Medical Malpractice
    Birth Injury, Medical Misdiagnosis, Pharmacy Errors, Surgical Errors
    Business Law
    Business Litigation
    Personal Injury
    Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Employment Law
    Employment Contracts
  • Free Consultation
    On all injury cases
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa and MasterCard
  • Contingent Fees
    33% on Personal Injury and 40% for Medical Malpractice and Nursing Home Abuse
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Business litigation is hourly. Please call for hourly rate.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Frith Ellerman & Davis Law Firm
- Current
Associate Attorney
Frith Law Firm
- Current
Litigation Associate with Frith Law Firm
Sevila, Saunders, Huddleston & White, PC
General Practice Associate - criminal, civil and domestic litigation practice, Leesburg Virginia.
Summer Associate
Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick
Tampa Florida Litigation Firm
University of Richmond School of Law
Honors: Cum Laude
University of Richmond School of Law Logo
College of William and Mary
B.A. | English, Government
Honors: Commencement Speaker
College of William and Mary Logo
Top 100 lawyers in Virginia
One of the only female plaintiff attorneys named top 100 attorneys in Virginia
Best Law Firms in America
US News
Nominee Influential Woman of the Year Award
Va Lawyers Weekly
Young Lawyer of the Year
Roanoke Bar Association
Professional Associations
Virginia Women Attorneys Association
Roanoke Chapter Officer
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Virginia Trial Lawyer Association
Membership Committee
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
A Practitioner's Guide to Business Tort Litigation
Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
How to Beat your Virginia Non-Compete
Word Association Publishers
Interviews, the Good the Bad and the Funny
Virginia Lawyers Weekly
Speaking Engagements
VTLA May Torts Seminar, Richmond / Roanoke
Virginia Trial Lawyers
Taught How to present Damages Evidence to Virginia personal injury attorneys
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
3 Questions Answered
Q. Is it legal to deny medical treatment to someone based on their disability or is it an ADA violation?
A: Dear sir / ma'am: I am so sorry about the poor care you received. Thankfully, it sounds like you didn't suffer a permanent injury as a result of their misdiagnosis - as you acted quickly to ensure correct care and treatment. As such, you would not likely have a financially viable malpractice claim. Meaning, most attorneys can only afford to file cases where the potential outcome is greater than $25,000 - $50,000 - as these cases are so expensive for our firms to pursue. So while the urgent care may have been negligent, it will likely cost you more to file suit than you could recover. As such, our office wouldn't recommend any formal claim. If you don't wish to recover financially - we do encourage patients to notify the negligent provider so they can make their care better in the future for other patients. Good luck - glad to hear you are not permanently injured, but so very sorry for the misdiagnosis and stress associated with their bad care.
Q. Can i stilll sue
A: Oh wow - I am so sorry to hear all of this. You may have a claim against them - but I am not licensed in NC and cannot advise as to the laws of negligence in North Carolina. If you would like a few excellent attorneys licensed in both VA and North Carolina - I recommend Amberley Hammer (Va Beach) or Fred Smith (Martinsville). Both can advise on a NC case. I wish you all the best, and am so sorry to hear what has happened. Lauren Ellerman
Q. My brother was prescribed the wrong medication and is now in kidney failure. Should I contact the hospital or attorney?
A: Dear one - I am so sorry for this bad news. I would have a meeting both with the hospital risk management (where you do mostly listening as to what happened) and call an attorney in your area experienced in Medical Malpractice work. I will be thinking of your family and will say a prayer for your brother.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
303 Washington Ave., SW
Roanoke, VA 24016
Telephone: (540) 985-0098
Telephone: (540) 985-0098