Profile Image Placeholder

Mr. Jarod Morris

  • Divorce
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Area
  • Divorce
Legal Answers
21 Questions Answered

Q. My daughters common law husband passed away in oklahoma. All vehicles were in his name. What do we do?
A: Your son-in-law's estate should be admitted to probate. If he died without a will, then your daughter, as his husband is entitled to Letters of Administration which will be allow her to settle the estate and clear title to the vehicles.
Q. How can I establish that I am an heir to and establish title to real estate left by deceased father in McCurtain, OK?
A: The key issue is whether your father died with or without a will. If he died with a will, then find a copy and petition the court to admit the will to probate. If he did not have a will, then you can petition the court to be appointed as Administrator of the Estate. As a child, you are entitled to Letters of Administration. Your siblings, if you have any, may object, but this is how you get it started. Once there is an inventory and distribution of property, then you will have a clear title in order to decide what to do with the real property. Keep in mind, that if you have siblings, then you each will likely be owners of the real property. Without more information, it is very difficult to give you specific advice.
Q. I used a Rx cream and I had a very bad reaction after I only used it one time. What am I supposed to do now?
A: This response is general and not specific to any jurisdiction. If you seek state-specific law, contact an attorney licensed in your state. First, document the reaction. Certainly take pictures. You should also make an appointment with your doctor just to make sure that no other reactions are taking place that you may not be able to see. Also, your doctor may know of other cases involving this same cream which will give you more information on whether you potentially have a products liability claim. Notify the manufacturer of your recation. A manufacturer needs this type of feedback to be able to determine if there is an issue with a product. Keep in mind that a products liability claim requires a defective product. Often times, simple allergic reactions, while not simple to you or anyone else who has them, do not necessarily mean the product was defective. Also, notify the pharmacy where you fill the prescription. The pharmacist can be a good source of information as well.
Q. What is the state title which marking underground utilites i know the state statue is 142 for oklahoma
A: Can you please provide more details?
Q. Can oklahoma emergency manager drive a county vehicle home legally
A: Yes, an Oklahoma Emergency Manager may drive a county vehicle home legally. There are some stsp the county should take in order to document it. First, a county official needs to determine that the use of the vehicle is solely for the benefit of the county. The IRS may still view the manager's use of the county-owend vehicle as a taxable benefit to the Manager's employment. So the short answer is: YES. But there are steps that should be taken to ensure compliance with state law. It may be that the employee's use does comply with state law, but it might also be hard for the county and the employee to prove this if the employee and county keep poor records and/or documentation.
Q. How can i research bankruptcy records for Oklahoma from 1978 through current date?
A: Sorry I don't have a specific answer for you. If you call the Western District of Oklahoma Bankruptcy Court at 405.609.5700, they may be able to provide additional information. Sorry I couldn't provide more information. If I think of anything, I'll update my response.
Q. How do you resolve a credit issue when you can't find the company to pay?
A: Send a letter to all of the the credit reporting agencies that have the account listed. Tell them that you dispute the account as accurate and that as listed, and (if this is true) that you do not recognize ever being having a balance with Resolution Management (finance); therefore, you dispute this information as accurate. This will trigger an investigation by the credit agency and the agency must inform the information provider (Resolution Management) that you dispute the information. The information provider is then supposed to investigate and either correct or verify the accuracy of this information. The credit agency, after all of the investigation, is supposed to provide you with notice as to what actions were or were not taken. The agency should also provide you with the name, contact number and address of the company providing the information to the credit agency. Once you get this information, you can then start to have a clue why this is on your credit report to begin with. Take a look at the other accounts on your credit report. Do you see any accounts listed that carry a $0 balance that you thought used to carry a balance? Resolution Management is a typical, generic name used by debt buyer companies. These companies purchase debt from credit card companies by the truckload. They may send a few letters demanding payment. Some just wait, and other sue right away. Very often, these debt buyers do not get the required information from the credit card company to actually prove that you owe the amount claimed. Many debt buyers appear to count on suing people who will not know how to respond so the debt buyer gets a default judgment against the individual. Others will try to work something out thinking the debt buyer will negotiate and the individual will send in a nominal payment. All this does is revive the debt, even if the debt (prior to the nominal payment) was past the statute of limitations.
Q. What is the statue of limitations on filing a lawsuit for the murder of a family member and the cost?
A: Under Oklahoma's Wrongful Death Act, the lawsuit must be filed within two (2) years of death. As for the cost, it is difficult to determine how much the actual costs will be. Almost every attorney that would take this case would do so on a contingent fee basis, meaning that the attorney is paid out of any settlement or jury award.
Q. I ended a lease on grounds of Vawa and now the Landlord is sending me a balance owed on the remaining 3 mths of my rent?
A: If you living in housing by the Public Housing Authority (PHA) or Section 8 housing, then you should be protected. My understanding of VAWA is that it applies to federally subsidized (PHA or Section 8) housing only. If your lease is to one of these types of housing situations, then you should be protected by VAWA. You need to provide notice to the landlord that you believed you would be in danger of further violence or abuse if you remained. The landlord may require proof which you must provide within 14 business days. Proof can be certification from an attorney, domestic violence service provider, or medical professional, or a police or court record. Legal Aid is a great resource for these types of situations. Their attorneys are often familiar with these provisions of the law and can handle these matters quickly and effectively.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
2808 N Ditmer Rd
Oklahoma City, OK 73127
Cell: (405) 812-3431