Free Consultation: (859) 344-6742Tap to Call This Lawyer
Michael K. Ruberg

Michael K. Ruberg

Michael practice focuses on Estate Planning and Probate
  • Estate Planning, Probate, Business Law...
  • Kentucky, Ohio
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Mike's practice focuses on estate planning and probate administration, including complex matters involving multiple heirs, contested estates, asset protection, corporations and real estate. Mike has experience as corporate counsel for several corporations and LLCs in Northern Kentucky.

As a lifelong resident of Northern Kentucky, Mike is very active with the community and routinely volunteers for organizations such as St. Agnes Church, Housing Opportunities of Northern Kentucky, Inc., St. Charles Care Center and PrimeWise through St. Elizabeth Healthcare. Mike frequently speaks regarding estate planning and probate to various community organizations.

PROBATE: Michael K. Ruberg is experienced in representing executors, administrators and various family members in Probate matters in Kentucky and Ohio for the past 34 years. Michael has handled intricate and complex estates involving numerous assets, real estate and business holdings, as well as smaller estates before the probate courts in Ohio and Kentucky.

ESTATE PLANNING: Whether complex or simple, Michael specializes in tailoring a complete estate plan for his clients, with careful consideration of their individual needs, assets, family dynamics, Medicaid issues, family members with special needs, Veteran's benefits and charitable contributions.

CORPORATE COUNSEL: Michael acts as corporate counsel for various corporations and LLCs in Kentucky and Ohio, offering legal services, advice and assisting in corporate documents, employment situations, real estate matters and various other needs of his corporate clients.

Practice Areas
  • Estate Planning
  • Probate
  • Business Law
  • Elder Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Trusts, Special Needs Trusts, Pet Trusts, Guardianship
  • Free Consultation
    First half-hour consultation free
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Paypal
  • Contingent Fees
    Contingent Fees accepted on a case by case basis.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Northern Kentucky University
Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Northern Kentucky University Logo
Thomas More College
B.A. (1978)
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Cincinnati Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
St. Vincent DePaul
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Estate Planning Council of Northern Kentucky
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Northern Kentucky Bar Association - Estate Planning and Probate Sections
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Kentucky Bar Association # 60495
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Northern Kentucky Bar Association # 06495
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Building the Kentucky Paralegal from the Ground Up
Bench & Bar
Speaking Engagements
Wills for First Responders, Host Attorney, St. Elizabeth Training Center, Erlanger, KY
Cincinnati Paralegal Assoc. & Northern KY Assn of Paralegal
Primewise,, St. Elizabeth Ft. Thomas Conference Room A
Primewise through St. Elizabeth Healthcare
Why You Need a Living Will When Monday, November 11, 10 – 11:30 a.m. Where St. Elizabeth Ft. Thomas Conference Room A
Websites & Blogs
Ruberg Law PLLC
Micheal K. Ruberg - Attorney at Law
Legal Answers
4 Questions Answered

Q. How can I be sure my grandchildren get a certain percentage of my estate?
A: A simple way to accomplish this is to use a testamentary trust. This would take effect at the time of your death and the monies would be paid into this trust that would then be managed by a trustee to make sure that it got to your grandchildren. This trust would then be funded by you out of your will. The real question is what particular estate items you want to go to your grandchildren. Depending on their age you could give it to them directly as well. Spirits estate planning attorney could easily help you with this.
Q. Is there a way to do a will without involving a lawyer?
A: There are certain requirements for the execution of the will that are not written in the scriveners handwriting. One is that it needs to be witnessed by 2 separate independent witnesses. I would recommend contacting an attorney in determining if in fact they could come to the house. If the will is done improperly and not reviewed it will not be effective.
Q. Grandma passed away jan 2018 wit money n a bank account can i file probate for it if there is nobody contesting it
A: There are several questions that need to be asked. How much money is in that account? Did she have any other property? Did your grandma have a will? If not her inheritance would be governed by the Ohio laws of intestate succession. So the next question would then be who of her family are still living? Once this is determined you can determine whether you're entitled to any of her property as her grandchild.
Q. How can I protect my estate and still provide for a drug addicted family member?
A: There are a few options available; however, a trust is one of the best options when estate planning for addicted relatives. There are several forms trusts to consider and each has pros and cons. A trust will enable you to put spending authority in the hands of a trustee who will control any reckless spending by the addicted relative. This can prevent that relative from wasting funds and can prevent them from using funds to purchase drugs, alcohol or harmful items. Spendthrift clauses in trusts are also valuable tools because they can be utilized to provide necessary funds for things such as medical care, food, and shelter to your addicted relative, without allowing the relative to spend anything additional. This enables you to offer support, even after you are deceased. Additionally, trusts typically protect the funds in the estate from creditors. If the funds are in the trust, creditors cannot reach them. This is ideal in instances where your relative may be making poor financial decisions while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. In some cases, you may be able to set up a discretionary spendthrift supplementary needs trust, which enables your relative to qualify for needs-based government benefits (SSI, Medicaid, housing, SNAP, etc.), while offering the other support and benefits of the trust.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
25 Town Center Blvd
Ste 204
Crestview Hills, KY 41017
Telephone: (859) 344-6742
Fax: (513) 488-0523