Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Criminal Law
- Appeals & Appellate
- White Collar Crime
- Civil Rights
- Native American Law
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- 8th Circuit
- Russian: Spoken, Written
- Serbian: Spoken
- Welch Law Firm LLC
- - Current
- WELCH LAW FIRM LLC seeks to represent individuals and small business owners against the steady stream of government overreach, whether it is in criminal cases or in civil disputes with governmental administrative bodies. Providing legal services to individuals charged criminally in Minnesota and Federal courts, from petty misdemeanors to felonies, from investigation through appeal, post-conviction challenge, and administrative challenges to collateral consequences. Representing clients in all manner of civil disputes to include: administrative disputes with local/city/state governments, business, contracts, insurance, consumer fraud, banking disputes, and miscellaneous issues resulting in litigation.
- Appelman Law Firm
- Criminal trial attorney in a small criminal defense firm.
- Assistant County Attorney
- Office of the Hennepin County Attorney
- Prosecuted felony crimes for the County of Hennepin. Acted as a liaison to Minneapolis’ Fourth Precinct, working with community leaders and interested parties regarding prosecution of repeat offenders.
- Postconvictions and Appeals
- Minnesota State Public Defender
- Represented indigent defendants in post-conviction and appellate proceedings, parole revocation proceedings, risk assessment level assignments and appeals arising out of those administrative actions.
- University of Minnesota Law School
- J.D. (2007) | Law
- Honors: Dean's List
- Activities: American Indian Bar Association, Moot Court Competitor and Director
- University of Maryland - College Park
- B.A. (2000) | History and Russian Language & Literature
- Honors: Dean's list, Native American Academic Excellence Award
- Defense Language Institute
- Certification | Russian Language
- Honors: Military Provost Award for Excellence in Russian Language
- Activities: United States Navy - active service
- Up & Coming Attorney
- Minnesota Lawyer
- Honorees for the Up & Coming Attorneys are selected by an outside panel consisting of past Honorees. Up & Coming Attorneys are judged for their professional accomplishments, leadership and service to their community and profession, and achievements in their first 10 years of being admitted to the bar.
- Eagle Scout
- Boys Scouts of America
- Minnesota State Bar
- University of Minnesota Alumni and Student Engagement Committee
- - Current
- Activities: The Alumni & Student Engagement Committee’s work is based on the guiding assumption that both alumni engagement and student success are fostered by bringing alumni and current students together in meaningful ways through events, volunteer work, and other initiatives. The Committee’s goal is to foster and strengthen opportunities for those interactions within the University of Minnesota Law School community. To accomplish this goal, we expect all members of the Committee to actively participate in both the Committee’s work and the events and volunteer opportunities organized by Law School staff.
- Minnesota American Indian Bar Association
- Board Member
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
- Welch Law Firm
Contact & Map