Free Consultation: (662) 408-4230Tap to Call This Lawyer
Profile Image Placeholder

Melissa L Gardner-Ardoin

  • Divorce, Family Law, Criminal Law ...
  • Mississippi
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
    Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    DUI & DWI
    Traffic Tickets
    Suspended License
    Appeals & Appellate
    Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Juvenile Law
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
The Mississippi Bar
ID Number: 9849
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Mississippi College
M.S. (2014) | Marriage and Family Therapy
Placeholder image for education.
Mississippi College School of Law
J.D. (1994) | Law
Mississippi College School of Law Logo
Belhaven College
B.A. (1991) | Psychology and English
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
The Mississippi Bar  # 9849
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
119 Questions Answered
Q. how can we get court docs on a past domestic violence conviction? in MS
A: Go to the Clerk’s office of the Court where the charges were filed, give the deputy clerk the defendant’s name and the case number. They will make you copies of the file at a cost to you.
Q. I have a Mississippi child support order for two child, one of the children just join the military.
A: Not necessarily. If your child support order specifies an amount for each child, I.e., $200 per month per child for a total of $400 per month, then you would be safe to reduce your child support by the amount designated for the child that has joined the military, if he/she has joined the full military and not the National Guard or Reserves. If, however, the order simply states a global amount, i.e. $400 per month for support and maintenance of the children, then you will have to go back into court and ask for a reduction. You cannot automatically reduce that order by simply reducing it by half.
Q. Me and my boyfriend have had his granddaughter since the day she was born, no support
A: Without a court order, she would be able to take the child if law enforcement will help her take the child from you. That is a big if because most will not get involved in these matters. You should immediately file an action in the chancery court of the county where you live, alleging that she abandoned the child and that the father is unknown, and ask the court for an order giving you custody.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Melissa L. Gardner, PLLC
9356 Goodman Road
Suite 6
Olive Branch, MS 38654
Telephone: (662) 408-4230