Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law
- Employment Law
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Consumer Law
- Traffic Tickets
- Landlord Tenant
Additional Practice Areas
- Wage and Hour law- employee or employer
- Sexual Harassment or Discrimination including Gender inequity
- Employment Harassment/Discrimination- Race, Handicap, Age, Medical Condition, Pr
Usually if you can provide a summary of your situation by email with attached documents in pdf format, this will work best. Free consultations are not for the purpose of receiving free legal service. A consultation is not the retention of an attorney, which is only by written retainer agreement or engagement letter, signed by all. Opinions given during the free consultation would only be based on the information provided, and newly discovered or additional information may create a substantial change. In any litigation, where the ultimate determination is made by a stranger or strangers, no attorney can guarantee any particular result. Please be very wary of any attorney who says he can.
Contingent fees are accepted in an appropriate case, which is determined by the Attorney. Contingent fees are not set by law and are subject to the negotiation between the attorney and the client. Costs and expenses incurred are not a part of the contingent fee, and they will be explained in detail before retaining the attorney.
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Your contract with an attorney is called a retainer. We will only work for you when we have a written retainer agreement with you, signed by everyone, that sets forth what we are supposed to do and how much it will cost you. It may be very difficult to estimate in advance the amount of fees, costs or expenses to resolve your case if you retain us as trial attorneys. That may be likewise if you retain us as a Mediator or Arbitrator. We will try our best to provide you with a reasonable estimate, but it is predicting the future. We accept payments via electronic transfers using ZELLE, an interbank transfer system.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- ID Number: 98593
- 9th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- USDC/ Los Angeles- since inception of committee
- Court Appointed Mediator
- - Current
- Handling numerous Federal cases, particularly ADA Accessibility cases, as a Court Appointed Mediator in Conjunction with Court's ADR program.
- Trial Attorney- lead counsel
- Solo Practitioner- 1980- present
- - Current
- Presiding Arbitrator
- OCBA- Mandatory Fee Arbitrator
- Served both as sole and presiding arbitrator in 3 arbitrator panels; handled numerous cases involving attorney fee disputes. Attended numerous MCLE presentations re: adjudicating fee disputes and ethical concerns for attorneys. Authored opinions.
- Professor of Legal Studies- Paralegal Certificate Program
- Coastline Community College- Orange Coast Comm. College District
- dates approximate. Coastline is located throughout Orange County with classes held at various locations. The Paralegal Certificate Program was developed by Margaret Lovig in the 1980's and I was a Professor of Law for that program for a number of years. Originally I developed and taught a course on Federal Civil Procedure in California, then I took on teaching Civil Litigation, Legal Research and Business Law. I really enjoyed working with all the students at Coastline, but I had a reputation of being the "Kingsfield" (from Paper chase) of the program. I also taught remotely through a program we had with the USMC to students that accessed the class via computer- JUST LIKE WE ARE DOING TODAY WITH COVID!!! But this was more than 20 years ago.
- Professor of Law- lower and upper division courses
- Irvine University College of Law
- dates approximate. Irvine University College of Law was a private Law School located in Irvine, CA at which I was a professor of law for several years. I taught Contracts, Civil Procedure and other Courses. I enjoyed the practice of teaching law very much.
- Western State University College of Law
- J.D. (1979) | Law
- Activities: Surviving law school
- University of Southern California
- M.S. (1972) | Education
- Honors: numerous honors at graduation
- Activities: Student Council member during turbulent era of student strikes in protest of Vietnam War, other duties. Recognized by Dean of Students and College President with awards.
- University of Southern California
- B.S. (1971) | Business Administration
- Honors: Honored Senior at Graduation, numerous certificates and awards
- Activities: Tommy Trojan- rode the school Mascot at games and in Rose Parade, 1969
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Founding President/Orange County Chapter
- California State Bar  # 98593
- - Current
- Orange County Bar Association- Mandatory Fee Arbitration Committee
- Member of Committee and Fee Arbitration- Handling attorney fee disputes
- Activities: Served as sole arbitrator and as Presiding Arbitrator on 3 member panels.
- Presenter, California MCLE program , Sexual Harassment in Employment , Costa Mesa, CA
- Orange County Bar Association
- Chairman and creator of a multi attorney panel to discuss impact of new sexual harassment cases as a Continuing Education of the Bar series for OCBA.
568 Questions Answered
- Q. My mom filed a restraining order against my dad. She then invites him back home months later. What are the consequences?
- A: This happens a lot. H is in violation of the restraining order, even if W invites him back, and sometimes W invites H back so W can turn him in and get him in trouble. But in this case H wheedled his way back in the door because W was weak. There could be consequences for both of them, in essence, W is conspiring for H to violate a court order, which could be contempt of court. If H has a parole officer, maybe you should give him a reasonable time to get out with the promise to turn him in, because if he has a parole violation, he could end up a resident of the County Hotel. Justia Disclaimers below, incorporated herein.
- Q. Selling property in LA County. Broker says their E&O carrier makes it mandatory for us to purchase Home Warranty.
- A: Apparently there is a lot of this occurring right now because someone else posted this exact same question here a couple of days ago, or was that you? The answer is: This is not a legal requirement. The solution I offered was for you to tell your broker that his company can pay for the insurance out of the commission, because this is not a legal requirement. Or are you talking about Title Insurance, which is something different but as a Realtor in MO you would know that. Oh, the last post said that the Broker's LEGAL Dept. was requiring it, YOU claim it is there E&O Carrier that requires it. UNHEARD OF for an insurance company to require the client of their insured to purchase such insurance. Justia disclaimers below, incorporated herein.
- Q. How many chickens can I own within city limits Vallejo,CA,94589
- A: Cooked or live? You can have as many cooked chickens as you carry. I agree with Mr. Light, call Animal Control with the Police department. Or research the local city ordinances about owning livestock. Justia disclaimers below, incorporated herein.
Contact & Map